Office of the Secretary of Health and Human ServicesSeattle, WA
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Management Assistant ====================
##### Department of Health And Human Services
Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services
##### Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals
- ##### Open & closing dates
07/31/2019 to 08/07/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
GS 6 - 7
- ##### Salary
$41,235 to $59,572 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Seattle, WA few vacancies
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
Yes as determined by agency policy
- Duties ------
The Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) administers the third level of appeals nationwide for the Medicare program, ensuring that beneficiaries, providers, and suppliers have access to an independent forum and an opportunity for a hearing. OMHA's mission is to be a responsible forum for fair, credible and timely decision-making through an accomplished, innovative and resilient workforce. Each employee makes a difference by contributing to shaping American health care.
Learn more about this agency
The Management Assistant performs the following duties:
- Assists staff in conducting analysis and evaluation studies. - Prepares routine and non-routine correspondence for signature by the supervisor. - Establishes and maintains a library of administrative notices, procedures, regulations, reports and correspondence files on a wide variety of management issues. - Performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0344 Management And Program Clerical And Assistance
#### Similar jobs
- Assistants, Office - Office Assistants
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by 08/07/2019.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required: No
6. One-year probationary period may be required: Yes
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive may be authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No
13. Background Investigation Required: Yes
14. Suitable for federal employment: Yes
15. U.S.Citizenship required: Yes
16. Registered or exempt from Selective Service (www.sss.gov): Yes, if applicable
This announcement may be used to make additional selections across the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
To qualify for the **GS-6 Management Assistant** position, you must have one year of specialized experience that is equivalent to at least the GS-5 grade level performing duties such as: retrieving paper and electronic files to respond to management requests, preparing correspondence on routine administrative matters; maintaining correspondence files on a variety of management issues; and performing a variety of administrative tasks.
To qualify for the **GS-7 Management Assistant** position, you must have one year of specialized experience that is equivalent to at least the GS-6 grade level performing duties such as: assisting staff with evaluation studies, preparing correspondence on routine and non-routine administrative matters; maintaining correspondence files; and performing a variety of administrative tasks.
Time-in-grade Current General Schedule (GS) federal employees, and those that have served in GS positions within the last 52 weeks, must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade, or a combination of the next lower grade level and an equivalent band in the federal service.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the "percentage of times" the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through national Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to gain employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
People With Disabilities (Schedule A) - https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Individuals\_with\_Disabilities
**Reasonable Accommodation:** This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please see Agency Contact Information for whom to contact for more info. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. You must contact the HR contact on the vacancy announcement at least three business days before the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance.For more information on disability employment, please visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service - http://www.sss.gov
**Career Transition Program**: This program applies to Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed, or employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet eligibility criteria for CTAP or ICTAP; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. Well-Qualified includes those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. For information on eligibility criteria and required documentation, go to: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee\_guides/career\_transition.asp
Beginning January 1, 2010, agencies must seek prior approval from OPM before they can appoint a current or recent **political appointee** to a competitive or non-political excepted service position at any level under the provisions of title 5, United States Code. If you are currently or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you **MUST** disclose that to the Human Resources Office.
If you are unable to apply online, please go to https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate\_Application\_Information for more information on our alternate application method.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
**For Competitive Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Applicants:** The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
**For Noncompetitive Applicants:** All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Customer Service - Manages and Organizes Information - Reasoning - Writing
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10566685.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
Submission of a resume alone **IS NOT** a complete application. You must provide a complete online Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume must clearly articulate how your skills and experiences align to the criteria defined in the qualifications section of this announcement and it must support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. For each position you must describe your duties, accomplishments, related skills, and responsibilities. Your resume must also include the day, month, and year that you began and ended for each position held. Full-time employment will be assumed unless otherwise stated on your resume. Part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience. Not providing this information may result in the lowering of your assessment score or an ineligible rating. For resume writing guidance, please visit the USAJobs Resource Center or view their video tutorial. - A complete Assessment Questionnaire (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10566685)
**Applicants must also submit the following supporting document type(s) to support eligibility or qualifications.** - Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) - current or former federal employees must submit a copy of their most recent SF-50 to support their eligibility claim. SF-50 must show Grade, Step, Salary, Tenure and Position Occupied. - A transcript MUST BE SUBMITTED with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education. Unofficial transcripts (including screen-prints from your school's web portal) are acceptable for initial application; however the unofficial transcript must show your name, the name of the educational institution, the degree awarded, and the conferred/awarded date. Self-prepared transcripts will not be accepted. Official transcripts are required prior to appointment. - Veterans' Preference documentation: - Must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from the armed forces that has the dates of service and discharge status. - **Active Duty Members:** To claim status Under the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to hire Heroes Act of 2011, submit written documentation from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application package. - ICTAP/CTAP Documentation.
You are not required to submit official documents at this time; copies are sufficient.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
\*To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire. \*Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package. \*It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account at https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link, and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account at https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 08/07/2019.
### Agency contact information
### Seattle Field Office
Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals - Seattle Field Office 700 Stewart Street Suite 11101 Seattle, WA 98101 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 45 days of the closing date of this announcement.
You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
You will be required to submit official documentation prior to appointment. The agency will then verify the information provided on your application (i.e., degree, veterans' preference, disability, etc.).
Please contact OSOMHAHRCServicesSEA@hhs.gov with any questions about this announcement.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541204300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services
Get fresh Production Manager Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
People Searching Production Manager Assistant Also Searched