Office of the Comptroller of the CurrencyWashington, DC
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director For Asset Management, NB-0570-VII ==========================================
##### Department of the Treasury
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- ##### Open & closing dates
06/28/2019 to 07/12/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$141,896 to $263,788 per year
- ##### Appointment type
Permanent - Schedule B appointment in the excepted service; excluded from the bargaining unit.
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Washington, DC 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes Relocation benefits will be paid in accordance with OCC's relocation policy. Free real estate information on job locations is available by calling OCC's relocation management firm at 1-877-237-5068.
##### Telework eligible
Yes as determined by agency policy
- Duties ------
**As the Director for Asset Management**, you will serve as an OCC senior manager and director for the Asset Management Division. Plans, organizes, implements and directs activities associated with all aspects of bank asset management, fiduciary trust/custody, employee benefit and asset servicing activities.
**Chief National Bank Examiner, Deputy Comptroller, Market Risk**
Learn more about this agency
**As the Director For Asset Management, you will:**
- Plan, organize, implement and oversee division activities associated with market risk policy, specifically in areas of Asset Management to include fiduciary and custody services, conflicts of interest, employee benefits and retirement services, investment management and operations and controls. - Direct and actively participate in the formulation and implementation of supervisory policies, examination procedures and supervisory guidance within assigned functional areas to ensure banks are able to identify and manage risks. Direct the analysis of industry trends and reports on the ongoing measurement and supervision of asset management and related risk areas. Set direction for and oversees asset management related research projects to further OCC's understanding of emerging risks to the national banking industry, and analyzes long and short-term alternatives for addressing those risks. - Participate with the Asset Management Group and OCC bank supervision examiners and risk management experts. Present reports on research findings and resulting recommendations to senior 0CC management officials. - Represent the OCC on asset management issues in meetings with bankers, international groups, banker associations, and other Federal government groups. - Set and communicate division goals, objectives, and resource strategies. Leads, motivates and develops a staff of employees.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - Up to 25%
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0570 Financial Institution Examining
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Complete a one-year trial period (unless already completed). - Complete a background investigation (unless already completed). - Sign a statement that you are voluntarily leaving the competitive service for a position in the excepted service, if applicable. - Travel occasionally up 25%. - Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel. - File an Executive Branch Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 450) and an OCC Financial Disclosure Form. - Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues. - Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement. You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-VI band level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- **Experience performing examinations and/or providing guidance to examiners in asset management i.e. fiduciary trust/custody, employee benefits and retirement services or investment management; and** - **Experience developing asset management bank examination policy or regulatory guidance.**
**The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.**
**To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.**
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
### Additional information
- CBS Staffing Incentives/Flexibilities may apply. - If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official. - We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. - This is an Excepted Service position under Schedule B, 213.3205(a) - Salary range includes 20% geographical pay. - Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions. - Please refer to "Conditions of Employment." - Click "Print" to review the entire announcement before applying.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Current OCC employees must have a performance rating of at least Level 3 overall and for all critical performance elements to be eligible for promotion.
**Referral**: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
**To preview questions please click here.**
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
**A complete application includes: 1) A resume, 2) vacancy question responses, and 3) submission of any required documents.** Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
**RESUME:** All applicants are required to submit a resume by either creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please review Resume Tips.
**OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS:** In addition, you may submit the following: - Cover letter - Recent performance evaluation (be sure to redact/remove all sensitive information prior to submitting)
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
The following instructions outline our application process. **You must complete the online application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.** We are available to assist you during business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, you must contact us by noon Eastern Time on the announcement's closing date.
Treasury provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Christa Scott at 202-649-6639 if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process. Hearing impaired applicants may use TDD \# 202-649-6157.
- To begin, click the "Apply" button and follow the prompts on the USAJOBS.gov page to create a login.gov account, or if you previously registered, click "Sign in" and follow the prompts. - You will be re-directed to Treasury's CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to "My Account" to view and update your information, as necessary. - To complete, you must click the "Submit Application" button located at the bottom of the "Application Review" page. - To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the **Application Status** link and then select the **more information** link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. - To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click **Update Application** in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete. - **If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the USAJOBS Help Desk.**
### Agency contact information
### Pamela Williams
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) 400 7th Street, SW Mail Stop 5E-11 Attn: HQ Service Center Washington, District of Columbia 20219 United States
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
To check the status of your application for this position, please follow these steps:
1. Login to your USAJOBS account, select the "Applications" section and click on the vacancy you would like to view. 2. Under "application status," click "additional application information" and you will be taken to the CareerConnector website where you can check your application status. The "additional application information" link may not be available if your application status says "Unavailable." This indicates that your application is not complete.
If the "additional application information" link is not available and the vacancy is still open, you can click on the job announcement and "Update Application" to be taken back to the CareerConnector portion of the application.
If your application was successfully submitted, your Status will show "Received." You can also elect to stay informed of changes to your application status by signing up for automatic email alerts.
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538085700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Get fresh Director For Asset Management, NB-0570-VII jobs daily straight to your inbox!
People Searching Asset Management Director Also Searched