- Posted: over a month ago
The Communications Manager will be responsible for coordinating communications and public relations for Offerpad with key stakeholders in the real estate industry, including reactive and proactive media relations with industry press, partners, and the agent community. This role will report to our Director of Communications and will work closely with other marketing team members.
- Drive the team's overall goals to increase brand awareness and sentiment for Offerpad with key industry stakeholder audiences (examples include business and industry press, partners, affiliation groups and agency community)
- Develop new, creative ways to proactively promote Offerpad as a leader within the category
- to media and consumers.
- Lead all Industry Media Relations including editorial calendaring, strategy and planning
- Coordinate Offerpad's involvement at key industry events including speaker preparation
- Represent Offerpad at industry and local events
- Execute local market media relations in partnership with Brand Communications managers
- Organize and coordinate media interviews and develop briefing documents
- Work across departments to ensure seamless communication and timely activation of programs.
- Support broader team activities through idea generation, story angle development, reactive opportunities, and more.
- Counsel social media team on key issues affecting the industry.
- Create positive news to build the company's brand, advance our purpose, and promote our solutions and services.
- Draft and issue press releases and other communications materials
- Prepare and manage actionable reporting and measurement tracking
- Respond to and triage replies for reactive media inquires
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role - agency or in-house.
- Experience working with in B2B communications roles or industry relations
- Self-starter who will seeks to own media relationships and outreach strategy to press
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to establish and manage work priorities, activities and timelines to achieve results.
- Experience with media tracking tools (Cision, MuckRack, etc.) and reporting
- Ability to demonstrate creative and innovative thinking.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to critically think through assignments to identify roadblocks, anticipate needs and prioritize effectively.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure in fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented.
- Strong work ethic, ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- PC skills including working knowledge of the Microsoft environment and the ability to access, manipulate, organize and relay information in a meaningful way.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience within Real Estate industry
BusinessView all jobs at Offerpad