Offering Alternative Therapy with Smiles, Inc Ortonville, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking an Executive Director for a non-profit organization. This impactful leadership position is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. This position requires a dynamic, mission-driven leader who is passionate about promoting the health, well-being and happiness of individuals through equine related activities.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and ensure its overall successful long-term operations
- Assure that the organization makes consistent and timely progress in achieving its mission to assist individuals with special needs achieve their dreams
- Provide leadership in developing programs, organizational, and financial plans and execute the policies authorized by the Board
- Plan, actively manage, and oversee the organization’s operations, programs, and fundraising while ensuring the organization’s financial sustainability
- Oversee and report on the organization’s results to the Board of Directors
- Lead, manage, and guide the organization to attain continued growth, success, and optimal mission impact for Offering Alternative Therapy with Smiles, Inc. (O.A.T.S.) programs and services
- Actively engage in complex fiscal management through hands on budgetary development and oversight
- Provide thoughtful executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board
- Foster a collaborative working environment, encourage professional development, and champion accountability amongst staff and volunteers
- Attend all Board meetings and provide reports and updates on staff as well as all current work, project timelines, and project and organizational progress
- Establish goals, objectives, and operational plans in collaboration with the Board of Directors, staff, and other leaders
- Communicate effectively with the Board by providing members with all information necessary to continually function properly and make informed decisions in a timely and accurate manner
- Effectively represent the organization and promote a positive organizational image to ensure adequate community representation
- Organize, motivate, and mentor internal team leaders to strategically grow the organization’s impact, programs, and fundraising, and to effectively fulfill its important mission
- Apply innovative thinking and performance measurements to analyze and support strategic decision-making
- Contribute to the strategic plan and drive its implementation
- Manage and motivate staff and volunteers, overseeing processes such as hiring, separation, ongoing staff development, performance management, and continuing education
- Perform general management duties ensuring the successful operations of the organization
- Enforce all PATH, International (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship) standards
The ideal candidate for this role embraces servant-leadership as well as a thoughtful approach to day-to-day operational management, strategic planning, and organizational leadership. Qualified candidate should bring:
- A strong passion for the mission and programs of O.A.T.S
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management and preparing and securing Board approval for a complex budget
- Familiarity with non-profit QuickBooks is preferred
- Passion for developing creative programming and organizational funding growth
- Ability to review current organizational programs/structures and make recommendations that empower programmatic refinements
- Capacity to excel at influencing and leading an organization towards positive growth
- Capable of designing and directing strategies that enhance and support organizational operations
- Knowledge of how to foster an environment of accountability, healthy work relationships and partnerships, and inclusivity among organizational staff and volunteers in order to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment
- Experience in creating and establishing clear, measurable business goals
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with media, staff, and the community
This career opportunity offers the ability to change people’s lives on a daily basis. Starting compensation includes: $45,000 a year + housing in a beautiful three-bedroom home, with an inground pool and hot tub overlooking horse pastures.
Offering Alternative Therapy with Smiles, IncWhy Work Here?
At O.A.T.S., we make magic happen everyday.
Well established equine facility that helps people overcome challenges. O.A.T.S. is located on a beautiful 40 acre farm in a rural area of SE Michigan in the state's wealthiest county.
4920 Groveland RoadOrtonville, MI
EducationView all jobs at Offering Alternative Therapy with Smiles, Inc