Off the Grid’s Market Host drives the on-site execution of our Markets and provides extraordinary hospitality service to our Market Guests and Creators. A visible representation of the brand, this Operations team member produces Markets to company standards, provides onsite support for our Creators, and ensures a safe, clean, and welcoming experience for our guests. This position indirectly reports into the on-site Market Supervisor and reports directly into a Market Manager.
The ideal candidate is fun, welcoming, responsible, attentive, resourceful, proactive, and has a love for great food and the outdoors.
This is a part-time non-exempt position based out of our Potrero Hill warehouse in San Francisco, but will be required to meet at his/her assigned Market location . A flexible schedule is required, including nights and weekends, to support Market events.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
On-Site Execution (25%):
- Participating in set-up and break-down of Market events:
- Set-up/break-down canopies, barricades, wind masters, road cones and chairs
- Transport chair stacks off/on the box trucks
- Trash management and disposal
- Assist in transporting Market generator
Hospitality Servicing (75%):
- Creator Relations – be hospitable and provide support as needed
- OTG Brand Ambassador – greet, welcome and thank Guests, provide information as needed, go the extra mile for Guests; represent our brand with pride, role modeling our values, standards and foodie-passion
- Safety Monitoring – remove any obstacles and potential dangers, help keep areas clean and debris free
- Market Operations - oversee entrance/exit, welcome and thank Guests, ensure clean and inviting Market space
- The duties and responsibilities of this job description are subject to be assigned or reassigned based on the needs of the business.
Years of Related Professional Experience:
0-1 years of related experience
HS Diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Customer Service
- Restaurant, catering, and/or event production experience is a plus
- Must have a reliable source of transportation to and from your scheduled Market location
$16-$19 / Hour
This job frequently occurs outside and is subject to outside environmental conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb; balance; stoop, crouch; sit; stand; walk; substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach, push, pull with hands and arms. In addition this position frequently moves/lifts equipment up to 20 pounds throughout the day and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Off the Grid is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values differences among our associates, customers, vendors, and the communities in which we live and conduct business. Our continued success and growth is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout the company and our communities. Off the Grid is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We hope you will consider joining our team!