Title: Manufacturing Technician
Location: Billings, MontanaResponsibilities
- Operate production line equipment
- Troubleshoot production line equipment
- Perform equipment change-overs
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject any product outside of specifications.
- Operate forklift to maintain raw material supply for the production line
- Complete and maintain daily production logs
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on production line machinery
- Communicate with operators from other shifts
- Add chemicals and materials to work pieces, using hand tools
- Clean and maintain work area
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use
- Comply and abide with all ISO 9001 quality policies, procedures, instructions and forms
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and international laws as it applies to the business function
MAINTENANCE AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Maintenance on production equipment
- General housekeeping of production area
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) on production line machinery
- Train temps for special projects
- Write procedures
- High School Diploma Preferred: Two year associate degree
- Candidate must work well under pressure and maintain professionalism during stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated, confident, highly dependable, and have solid follow- up skills
- Ability to interact with other departments to gain access to necessary information with the ability to multitask
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Able to lift 50 lbs daily in the warehouse environment
- Meet all pre-employment and ongoing requirements of the OMUS Employee Handbook, including substance abuse and medical/physical testing, codes of conduct, and sensitivity
- Candidate must have a 0 - 3 years of skilled labor experience in manufacturing, preferably in the chemical or metal working industry. Laboratory testing and quality control experience is a plus. Additional experience/knowledge in ISO 9001 development, implementation and compliance is preferred.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments). *CA
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not
limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring,
training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement,
classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.