Odyssey International Services, Inc. represents the best in Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. We offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely upon providing customized and consultative services to our clients, streamlining the shipping experience and reducing the costs of our clients’ supply chain.
The CHB Supervisor SEA works closely with the CHB manager to maintain excellent customer service and Customs/PGA compliance standards. Supports clients and staff with classification guidance, development of compliance tools and operational assistance. Guides employees on best practices to expedite release and delivery of freight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide classification and entry assistance to clients and employees as requested.
- Review/approve entries and billing each day for selected clients.
- Consult on other compliance issues with clients and employees as needed.
- Develop client HTS lists, SOPs, and other tools to increase compliance and efficiency.
- Manage Customs bonds.
- Provide CHB services to assigned client list.
- Fill in for absent employees when needed.
- Support and actively comply with the security duties and responsibilities described in the C-TPAT Security Program.
- Additional tasks or duties as assigned by the CHB Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current, valid Customs Broker License required.
- High School Diploma.
- Three years’ experience in a Customs Brokerage office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Basic mathematical ability including computation of duties, distances and time, conversion of weights and measures, conversions of currencies.
- Requires high level of energy, attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and duties of different importance, multi-tasking
- Basic user knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Assists the manager in the supervision of employees in the CHB department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; reviewing files for compliance and profitability, appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment.
- Occasional travel between local offices.
- Minimal interstate travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must lift up to 30 lbs., sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach above head for files, grasp, handle, and perform finger operations. Must operate normal office equipment such as phone, computer, fax machine, and copy machine.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Odyssey will not sponsor employment visas.
Odyssey International Services, Inc.
Why Work Here?Odyssey International Services, Inc. represents the best in Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. We offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely upon providing customized and consultative services to our clients, streamlining the shipping experience and reducing the costs of our clients’ supply chain.
There is a place for you in Logistics. Not just a career move, an adventure.