Hotel Sales Director
- Posted: 12 hours ago
- $50,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, 401k,
Do you enjoy traveling? Do you enjoy managing Sales Operations? Odyssey Hotels is looking for a dedicated and accountable Director of Sales to provide prompt and efficient Hotel Sales management while ensuring the quality of experience for guests. We offer incredibly discounted hotel rates for top brand-name hotels, travel discounts, and more!
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations and CEO, the Director of Sales will be responsible for selling Limited-Service Hotels (Marriott, Hilton, etc.) by retaining and growing the customer base in the Milwaukee suburban market. The ideal candidate must partner with the account management, customer success, marketing, product, engineering, and operations teams, as well as build and lead a world-class sales team, to provide the best possible customer experience.
- In a multiple salesperson office, provide strong leadership, guidance, and training to support the other team members. It is expected that the sales team will consistently meet/exceed the sales call goals established by the company.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by consistently growing responsibilities, strengthening skill set, knowledge base, and engagement with the staff by using tools /resources provided.
- Responsible for booking the function space, quoting meeting room rental, A/V, and F&B
- Become proficient in the use of brand reports, Travel Click Reports, etc.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports about the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports, and Sales Meeting minutes.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for the development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Attend and actively participate in all revenue calls for all properties overseen.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Cultivate and maintain the sales culture at all hotels by proactively providing ongoing training for associates. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining, and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure the ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within an established sales expense budget.
- Coordinate group, transient, and catering bookings to maximize profits.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Conduct professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Attend breakfast and social hours regularly.
- Actively pursue new accounts through outside sales efforts.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have hotel sales experience.
- Proficiency in reading, analyzing, and interpreting financial reports.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a senior management position.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices, and building trackable, repeatable sales processes.
- Capacity to manage various projects and work to tight deadlines.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- The ability to make critical decisions under pressure.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Travel Discounts
- Friendly and Fun Culture, with Monthly Employee Appreciation and Annual Gift Selection
- 401K, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage and Universal Life Insurance
- Legal Shield, Roadside Assistance, Data Storage Backup, and Tech Support
- Paid Time Off and Competitive Compensation
7003 N Port Washington Road Glendale WI 53217Milwaukee, WI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?