Odle Management – A subsidiary of Eckerd Connects
Reports to the Health and Wellness Manager and is a salaried, exempt position. Responsible for the design, development and coordination of the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and implements all programs related to substance use and abuse prevention and intervention in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant and Health Services staff, center physician and Center Director.
- Coordinates all programs designed to reduce and eliminate substance use and abuse.
- Conducts in-service training sessions with both staff and students in all areas related to substance use and abuse.
- Submits recommendations to the Academy Director for medical terminations related to substance misuse and abuse in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant, center physician, Health and Wellness Administrator, etc.
- Acts as liaison between center and agency resource and referral contacts.
- Monitors behavior and progress of students involved in the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program.
- Maintains confidential reports and records on all referrals and cases.
- Prepares and submits appropriate reports as required.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field. Must have state certification in alcohol and drug counseling. Three years of work-related experience.
- Prefer Master’s degree and previous experience with disadvantaged youth, particularly in a residential setting.
- Active, unrestricted substance abuse license or certification that meets minimum state licensing or certification requirements to practice in the state where the center is located.
- Valid State driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Additional Requirements: Broad-based knowledge of counseling techniques. Knowledgeable in the area of alcohol and other drugs of abuse intervention programs. Ability to design, develop and implement a program related to alcohol and other drugs of abuse and interventions. Training skills in both individual and group counseling methods. Good organizational skills. Must obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid certification. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate effectively and relate to trainee population. Position requires an ability to operate office equipment. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Working Conditions: This position involves frequent sitting, standing, and walking. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 15% of work time outside and 85% of work time indoors; ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
The employer of record for this position is Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. DBA Eckerd Connects which assigns employees to Odle Management Group, LLC.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Odle ManagementAlbany, GA
Personal CareView All Odle Management Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.