Health & Wellness Director (RN)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to the Center Director and is a salaried, exempt position. Responsible for the overall supervision of the health and wellness component. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises center health and wellness services.
- Conducts center health/wellness assessments; plans and coordinates services and programs that respond to identified student needs.
- Provides health and wellness assessments and screening, nursing interventions, emergency care, education, and referral services in conjunction with health and wellness staff and health subcontractors.
- Orders and maintains current dated pharmaceuticals and clinic supplies. Ensures that assigned staff perform monthly inventories of supplies to include expiration dates. Monitors and ensures the proper storage and condition of supplies and specimens.
- Initiates workers’ compensation documentation and maintains secondary OSHA logs. Performs follow-up check on workers’ compensation cases.
- Performs physical and emotional wellness assessments. Establishes individualized student health and wellness plans according to protocol outlined in the center’s Health Standing Orders.
- Documents each encounter with students in their health records.
- Works closely with counselors, residential staff, and wellness instructors in providing wellness education to students.
- Interprets all expected outcomes, policies and procedures outlined in the PRH and Federal Register pertinent to the center’s health and wellness component. Ensures that appropriate center operating directives are written and implemented.
- Assists Counselors, Resident Advisors and Health Education Instructors in providing health education.
- Performs health records and quality assurance audits.
- Inspects the food service facility regularly.
- Ensures the reporting of all communicable diseases, child abuse cases, etc., as mandated by state and county regulations.
- Ensures the proper storage, handling and disposal of hazardous wastes generated by the health and wellness center.
- Ensures the proper protocol is followed for infection control. Ensures the proper handling of specimens and equipment, as well as the appropriate sterilization of equipment.
- Conducts in-service staff training sessions.
- May train students and staff in CPR, first aid and water safety.
- Ensures that departmental equal employment and affirmative action goals and objectives are met.
- Interviews and selects staff.
- Prepares and conducts performance evaluations.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Licensed by state as a Registered Nurse.
- Active, unrestricted license to practice in state where center is located.
- Minimum of an Associate degree in Nursing
- Three years of experience as a practicing nurse, one of which was in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Prefer four or more years of related experience.
- Valid State driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Additional Requirements: Strong working knowledge of nursing techniques/procedures. Familiarity with medical needs of disadvantaged youth. Sound management techniques. Ability to handle multiple priorities. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to effectively relate to trainee population. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid certification. Position requires an ability to operate office equipment. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Working Conditions: This position involves frequent sitting and occasional standing, walking, bending, stooping, squatting, and running. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 5% of work time outside and 95% of work time indoors; ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
HealthcareView all jobs at Odle Management