Reports to the Career Technical Training Manager. Performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instructions in designated subject area. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation.
3. Meets SMART Goals established by management every Program Year.
4. Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to insure maximum learning.
5. Instructs in the following: overview of career opportunities within health care; communication and observation skills; medical law; ethics and confidentiality; psychological aspects of patient care; basic medical terminology; basic anatomy and physiology; safety and emergency first aid; basic infection control concepts; core procedures for healthcare workers, phlebotomy, EKG theory and practice, clinical procedures and prescriptions.
6. Establishes a high degree of student/ instructor rapport
7. Utilizes all possible curriculum resources available.
8. Responsible for adequate classroom preparation
9. Maintains student personnel folders
10. Records and forwards daily attendance to the Student Records area
11. Assists in the completion of all necessary Job Corps forms.
12. Responsible for building and equipment in seeing that security measures are taken and equipment and supplies are cared for.
13. Accountable for the cleanliness of classrooms.
14. Prepares reports such as student/staff hours, requisitions and monthly student evaluations.
15. Assists Supervisor during scheduled inventory.
16. Attends required staff training sessions
17. Adheres to all aspects of ODLE’s Quality Assurance Plan.
18. Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
19. Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
20. Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
21. Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, Certified Phlebotomy Technician by a nationally recognized board or EKG technician certification or willing to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must have one year teaching experience preferably with disadvantaged youth.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license with acceptable driving record
Knowledge of required subject area. Ability to transfer topical knowledge to meet specific learning objectives fluently in English. Ability to compose descriptive reports. Able to use appropriate techniques to implement programmatic activities. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Ability to motivate and inspire students and effectively relate to trainee population. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
This position involves frequent standing, walking, bending, squatting, and kneeling. Occasionally, position involves sitting, stooping, carrying, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Position requires ability to spend 5% of work time outside and 95% of work time indoors;
ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability
to work in extreme high temperature settings outdoors in summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
Position requires an ability to operate household appliances and drive an automobile. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.