LPN for Student Wellness Clinic (New Orleans)
OVERVIEW:Assists in the medical care and treatment of students.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES PERFORMED:
1. Assists in conducting cursory examinations and physicals.
2. Administers specified medications and notes times and amounts on patients' charts
3. Assists in evaluation and treatment of students during sick call as per Standing Orders.
4. Takes and records patient's vital signs.
5. Performs phlebotomy procedures as required.
6. Observes students and report adverse reactions to medication to Health Services Supervisor.
7. Schedules medical appointments.
8. Sterilizes equipment and supplies. Follows infection control procedures.
9. Documents all procedures, counseling and education provided to students.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum: Louisiana State LPN license + one year experience.
8:00 to 4:45 Monday thru Friday, No Weekends, 45 minute lunch,
Knowledge Required: Sound nursing techniques, ability to relate effectively to student population, excellent written and oral communication skills, good organizational skills, and ability to carry out instructions without constant supervision. Must maintain CPR/First Aid certificates
Location: New Orleans
Compensation: $18.00 per Hour, Benefits are available - Typically no overtime
Candidate should be proficient in the use of personal computer; working knowledge of software applications, e.g MSExcel; MSWord, excellent communication skills including technical skills, both oral and written. Able to read e-mail daily and reply to messages in a timely manner based on urgency and importance.
ODLE Management is an Equal Opportunity, Drug Free Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran, military status or any other status protected by state or local law.