Job Function: Responsible for the operation of assigned dormitory and for the supervision, counseling, and guidance of students assigned dorm in compliance with government and management directives. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises resident and advisors assigned to the dormitory and ensures that they adequately meet all student needs.
- Provides monthly and weekly activity reports to Residential Living Manager.
- Maintains order and discipline in assigned dormitory while encouraging the development of self-discipline and an awareness of others.
- Ensures orderly, safe, clean and healthy living conditions in the dormitory by scheduling and supervising clean-p and repair assignments.
- Oversees social skills and student leadership sessions, and reviews achievement records for accuracy.
- Provides supervision to the cafeteria, laundry special activities on and off center, and other program areas as assigned.
- Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to students in the event of injury, illness, emotional trauma, arrest, trouble at home etc.
Education and Experience Requirement: Associate of Art's degree and one year of experience in dormitory management or work-related field working with at risk youth. Previous Job Corps experience a plus. Able to complete all mandated training requirements per government and management directives. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Applicants can apply at Odlemanagement.com
Odle Management is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Tulsa Job Corps Center supports the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses.