High School Diploma Instructor
Odle Management Group LLC Pittsburgh, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Reports to the Academic Manager. Performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instructions in designated subject area. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation.
3. Meets SMART Goals established by management every Program Year.
4. Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to insure maximum learning.
5. Establishes a high degree of
6. Utilizes all possible curriculum resources available.
7. Responsible for adequate classroom preparation
8. Maintains student personnel folders
9. Records and forwards daily attendance to the Student Records area
10. Assists in the completion of all necessary Job Corps forms.
11. Responsible for building and equipment in seeing that security measures are taken and equipment and supplies are cared for.
12. Accountable for the cleanliness of classrooms.
13. Prepares reports such as student/staff hours, requisitions and monthly student evaluations.
14. Assists Supervisor during scheduled inventory.
15. Attends required staff training sessions.
16. Adheres to all aspects of ODLE’s Quality Assurance Plan.
17. Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
18. Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
19. Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Education with a major in English, Social Studies or related field.
State certification is required. Certification may be waived by Regional Office if center is unable to hire certified teachers. Must pursue certification.
Prefer one year in a teaching capacity with disadvantaged youth.
Valid State driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Knowledge of required subject area. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Ability to motivate and inspire students and effectively relate to trainee population. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Benefits and Perks
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefit plan to include: Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, Employer match 401k, Paid Holidays and Paid Days off and tuition reimbursement.
Odle Management Group LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Odle Management Group LLC