Driver's Education Instructor
Odle Management Group LLC Pittsburgh, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Odle Management and CSD are leaders in workforce development operating Job Corps Centers throughout the U.S. and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Odle Management and CSD make reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Human Resources at 412-441-8700 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Reports to the Academic Manager. Performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instructions in designated subject area. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation.
3. Meets SMART Goals established by management every Program Year.
4. Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to insure maximum learning.
5. Instructs on the Driver’s Education curriculum in accordance with the Job Corps requirements and program specifications.
6. Counsels and motivates students regarding behavior, training, personal and/or study habits and problems.
7. Develops and prepares supplemental lessons and recommends curricula changes.
8. Individualizes the Driver’s Education curriculum to fit the students’ experiences.
9. Responsible for building and equipment in seeing that security measures are taken and equipment and supplies are cared for.
10. Prepares reports such as student/staff hours, requisitions and monthly student evaluations.
11. Maintains classroom environment (behavior and surroundings) conductive to learning.
12. Attends required staff training sessions.
13. Adheres to all aspects of ODLE’s Quality Assurance Plan.
14. Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
15. Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
16. Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Appropriate certification/license in state of employment or equivalent. Professional license/ accreditation by professional trade organization is required.
Prefer extensive practical knowledge of trade and teaching experience.
Valid driver’s license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Knowledge of required subject area. Ability to transfer topical knowledge to meet specific learning objectives fluently in English. Ability to compose descriptive reports. Able to use appropriate techniques to implement programmatic activities. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Ability to motivate and inspire students and effectively relate to trainee population. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
This position involves frequent standing and walking, bending, squatting, and kneeling. Occasionally, position involves sitting, stooping, carrying, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Position requires ability to spend 45% of work time outside and 55% of work time indoors;
ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability
to work in heat during the summer months; and ability to work in windy and extreme cold in winter months.
Position requires an ability to operate household appliances and drive an automobile. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Odle Management Group LLC
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Odle Management Group LLC