Hospital based Cancer Program in Charlotte, NC area is seeking 2 additional Cancer Genetic Counselors to join their team.
- Cancer Center is a center of excellence
- Outstanding patient satisfaction
The role you will play:
- Provides counseling and psychological support to patients and their families.
- Interprets complex genetic and laboratory data/test results. Communicates findings with physician.
- Assists patients with navigation of financial aspects associated with genetic testing.
- Assists with diagnosing genetic problems and develops short and long term genetic counseling plans.
- Promotes the genetic counseling functions and associated services of the Cancer Risk Assessment Program.
- Participates in community outreach efforts to educate the public on genetic aspects of cancer and promote cancer prevention and risk reduction strategies.
This company appreciates its employees
- Relocation assistance
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Retirement with dollar to dollar matching up to 6%
- Life, Disability, and AD&D Insurance
- Various discounts and perks
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Master's degree in an accredited genetic program required
- Board Eligible/Board Certified Genetic Counselor from American Board of Genetic Counseling or American Board of Medical Genetic
- Prefer someone with 1+ years of experience in cancer genetic counseling. Will consider new graduate.
- Must obtain license in NC before start date.
Charlotte: The Queen City
- #22 Best Places to Live - US News
- #7 Best Places for Business and Careers - Forbes
- The Cost of Living in Charlotte is nine percent lower than the national average
- Charlotte has one of the most affordable housing markets in the country
- Home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Bobcats, and the NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Second largest banking center in the United States after New York City
- Carowinds - 400 acre amusement park