Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities :
Candidate Must be bilingual and Speak Somali language
- Take and record vital signs in patient's medical record.
- Prepare patients for examinations, x-rays, tests, and/or procedures. Transport patients as needed.
- Assist clinicians during examinations and procedures.
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens.
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures, and performs other first-aid procedures.
- Dispose of contaminated supplies and bio-hazardous materials according to OSHA and other regulatory standards.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination. Clean, process, and check instruments.
- Inventory, order and replenish medical supplies and materials.
- Schedule appointments and complete appropriate forms and data entry as required by Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
- Processing, coding, and completing of insurance forms and related documents.
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals by Physician or FNP.
- Calls prescriptions to pharmacy at direction of Physician or FNP.
- Prepares and distributes correspondence, distributes and processes mail.
- Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Safeguards patient confidentiality at all times.
Specific Job Skills :
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in routine and special treatments to inpatients.
- Knowledge of sanitation, infection control, personal hygiene, basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in hospital or clinic setting
- Knowledge of clinic administrative processes: registration, order entry, stocking supplies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and hospital staff
- Good customer service skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Physical Abilities: Long periods of standing and walking are required. Agility and the ability to push, pull, reach, kneel, and bend are required. Seeing and hearing are required. Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Education and/or Experience :
- Current Medical Assistant certificate required.
- Medical Assistant Registry (RMA) required.
- BLS Certification required
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time