Chief Business Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
OcyonBio is a partnership development and manufacturing organization focused on advancing gene and cell therapies.
OcyonBio provides dedicated autonomous manufacturing capacity with interconnected infrastructure and systems to support phased appropriate development for early development, pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial start. We behave more like a cGMP incubator space with all regulatory, systems capabilities, and resources to enable CMC data to support regulatory applications. Manufacturing and development spaces are designed to be autonomous while being interconnected to systems required to support clinical and commercial requirements.
We strive to create a space free of both explicit and implicit discrimination and harassment where everyone feels safe, heard, and valued. The character of our employees is as important as their talent, and we’re proud of the team and environment we’re assembling as we grow.
Place of Performance: CII George Sanders, Aguadilla Pueblo, Aguadilla P.R. 00603.
The Role: We are looking for a Chief Business Officer to join to the Ocyon Bio Senior Leadership team. This role is responsible to support business growth processes implementing the business development strategy, overseeing the activities and performance of all departments. Also reaches out and attract potential business prospects and retaining consumers for continued/enhanced revenue generation, profitability, and overall performance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the business’s senior executives and stakeholders in overall strategy formulation, ensuring that departmental strategies are aligned in order to safeguard against conflict of interests as well also guarantee a unified front in the business’s direction.
- Focuses on the development and growth of the business through building relationships in the industry, identifying opportunities, and completing business deals.
- Combines strategic thinking and sharp executions coupled with relentless ambition and energy, which will enable the business to reach targets, goals, and attain objectives.
- Manages of key marketing and communications objectives aimed at maximizing new business effectiveness, for example, PR, digital etc.
- Prioritizes and monitor business’s pipelines, overseeing the generation of proposals that are suited to prospective clients with the support of the marketing and design teams.
- Builds and maintains relationships with departmental heads and executives across the business for the purpose of imparting useful strategic insights and to ensure the successful outcome of business initiatives and projects across the business.
- Plays an analytical role gathering relevant statistical information across the business, conducting analyses, drafting reports regarding the overall performance of activities undertaken by the business development team.
- Fosters an environment that encourages employees at all levels to report issues, improprieties, and concerns that could harm the public and undermine the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management, Finance, Economics, or any other related business field and/or Master’s Degree.
- Fifteen (15) years plus of core business working experience with at least Ten (10) years of direct experience in business development which includes, prospecting and lead generation, leading to a business’s revenue generation and increased productivity as well as experience establishing and managing prospect databases.
- Ability to identify potential for valuable long-term relationships with consumers, hence encouraging retention of their business and, therefore, extended revenue generation and profitability from such avenues.
- Experience working in a senior business development position within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Strong knowledge of pipeline management and equally clear understanding of financial forecasting and planning.
- Exceptional interpersonal written and oral communication skills, as well as advanced collaborative skills with an ability to work both reactively and proactively in a timely manner in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in cross-functional and international environment; detail- and goal-oriented, quality conscientious, and customer-focused
- Proficient in English language (Written and Oral)
- Proven leadership and motivation skills
- Able to communicate with customers at all levels and capable of managing their expectations
- Strategic thinking, and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to stay focused in times of uncertainty and inspiring the same within teammates.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE).
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Opportunity to participate in the company stocks options program.
Physical RequirementsOFFICE POSITION - While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
- Stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time Sedentary work Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Note: This Corporate function may work on a hybrid flexible work solution of 80% of the time on site and 20% of the time remote, subject to changes at any time based on business needs.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocyonbio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OcyonBio PR INC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?