Character Technical Artist
- Expired: August 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Character Technical Artist, you will work closely with designers, engineers, and other Technical Artists to bring VR/AR characters to life on all Meta apps and platforms used by billions of users around the world. You will be involved in every aspect of the avatar development process from conceptualizing new features, establishing workflow, and implementing the rig build processes. The Character Technical Artist position is highly technical and integral to the product development.
- Create well-architected and scalable rigging systems
- Create and help maintain tools that streamline the creation of digital avatars
- Partner closely with art, engineering, user-experience, product management, and other teams to develop content in modern real-time environments
- Innovate and solve issues with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate and iterate based on the overall product direction and teams’ needs
- Determine the optimal course and best practices to achieve the creative and technical goals
- Define workflow and schedules to achieve feature launches
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the tools and procedures of the entire avatar pipeline
- Deliver, request, and accept constructive feedback with a positive attitude with objective and accurate feedback
- Experience creating advanced procedural rigging systems
- Experience with developing in Maya Python/PyMEL, C++ API, PySide/PyQt or other relevant coding experience
- 5+ years experience rigging characters for game or film development
- Experience with facial rigging including blend-shape targets
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or other real-time engines
- Experience with authoring packages such as Maya, Substance, or other industry-standard 3D software
- Knowledge and interest in emerging technologies
- Experience with USD
- VR/AR experience
- Experience with motion tracking and related technologies
- Experience with real-time assets and optimization techniques
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Oculus
Get fresh Character Technical Artist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.