Director of Surgical Services - St. Petersburg, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Surgical Services
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive compensation with bonus opportunity
Full Benefits including but not limited to…
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,
- 401(k) matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation Assistance
The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director of Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental, and hospital-wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates by providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plans; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization, and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program that assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital's mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for the department's operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood-borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements that would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes, and defends capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization's financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports company by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
Octo Search Partners, LLC
AddressSaint Petersburg, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at Octo Search Partners, LLC