Training Coordinator - Sr. Phlebotomist
Want to Expand
your career-development potential,
your ability to help donors and patients,
and your access to professional opportunities?
We're growing fast.
[You can, too!]
There are so many ways Octapharma Plasma can enhance your life and your career. Our strong growth is creating great learning and career development opportunities throughout our company, and especially our donation centers. Because you're someone who loves
to learn, enjoys people, and has a real heart to help, we encourage you to join us as a:
Sr. Phlebotomist - Training Coordinator
This is What You'll Do:
- The Senior Phlebotomist-Training Coordinator is responsible for executing the plasmapheresis process by performing venipunctures as well as planning, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating training programs and policies at the center level.
- Collaborates with Center Leadership to ensure cross-training opportunities are identified and effectively utilized for staff.
- Provides feedback on training needs as they relate to deviations and works with Quality on targeted training to address issues identified.
- Provides updates to Field Training Managers and Field Leadership team on center training issues.
- Supports the audit process and works with Center Leadership team, Field Quality and Field Leadership team relating to training needs for major audit responses, deviations and corrective and preventative actions.
- Member of the Safety Committee which completes periodic safety checklist, conducts safety presentation at monthly staff meeting, ensures OSHA documentation is posted timely in the center and implements ad hoc training that addresses violation observations.
- Partners with center operations and quality when needed to assure alignment and relevance of training initiatives when the training may affect center level processes and procedures.
- Sets up and prepares all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and plasmapheresis procedures
- Performs venipunctures and plasma collection
- Operates and maintains the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
- Maintains proper ratio to ensure donor safety and quality of product
- Monitors and assists center physicians with donor reactions
- Assists management team in monitoring inventory levels, stocking supplies and opening and closing lots for usage
- Acts as person accountable for area operations including but not limited to donor flow, break schedules and minor donor complaint resolution in absence of the Donor Floor Supervisor
- Trains and provides leadership to new/existing employees
- Provides positive and effective guidance to Donor Floor staff
This is Who You Are:
- Part brand ambassador, part clinical technician
- A person committed to excellent customer service all day, every day
- Someone with positive energy, always willing to pitch in where needed
- Understanding, patient, and genuinely authentic
- Able to keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Hungry to build a great career
This is What It Takes:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience in training or education role; proven ability to conduct training using effective training techniques.
- Strong leadership, proven oral/written communication, presentation, customer service skills, and the ability to understand and implement protocol are required
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in a medical or health care environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specialized medical or phlebotomy training preferred; phlebotomy certificate or license (as required by state)
- Working knowledge of State and Federal Regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have basic computer knowledge and Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts on a frequent basis.
We're widely known and respected for our benefits and for leadership that is supportive and hands-on. Managers who
truly want you to grow and excel.
- Formal training
- Outstanding plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Wellness program
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Personal time
With donation centers and team members throughout the U.S., Octapharma Plasma, Inc. collects plasma to create life-saving medicines for patients worldwide. We are growing at an impressive pace, and so is the positive impact of our work. Our community relies
on teamwork, compassion, and expertise to get things done the right way, while making a meaningful difference in the lives we touch.
And if you know someone else who'd be a great fit at Octapharma Plasma, Inc., please forward this posting along!