We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!The purpose of this position is to develop automated processes to improve financial, quality, and volume outcomes for Ochsner. The Sr. Analyst will be focused on project management as well as requirements gathering and design.
This job analyzes, modifies systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing support systems. Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives while relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job. Maintains knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Required -High School diploma or equivalentand additional degrees, business training experience and/or certifications may be combined to meet minimum qualifications.
Preferred -Bachelor's degree
Required -Eight years of related experience or five years with a Bachelors' Degree in a related field.
Experience working with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Preferred - Five years programming experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval ofrequired information, and proficiency with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the included job processes.
- Analytical skills and logical thought process.
- Working knowledge of Job Control Language or its equivalent in the target application environment.
- May require occassional out of town travel.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, such as nights, weekends, extended shifts.
- Project management and process design
- Performs analysis of assigned applications and business processes/functions.
- Modifies and supports assigned applications/systems as appropriate.
- Partners and communicates with assigned customers/end users.
- Maintains and enhances profressional competencies and industry knowledge.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement