We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!Enhanced Annual Wellness Visit Care Team Assistant (eAWV CTA) supports Clinical APPs (Advanced Practice Providers, NP/PA) in completing scheduled Enhanced Annual Wellness Visits. Within this support, the eAWV CTA will complete a non-clinical patient interview, document necessary responses and other non-clinical aspects of the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). While providing individualized, medical care of assigned patients in person, electronically and via telephone, as needed, the eAWV CTA must be able to maintain positive relationships with patients and their families. The eAWV CTA must also work effectively with fellow Ochsner employees to ensure the efficient flow of patients throughout their visit. Communication via phone to ensure patient needs are met timely and accurately and accesses Ochsner data systems to document pertinent medical information is an essential function of this role. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred - Completion of a formal training program, Medical Assistant program
Required - Experience working with and maintaining confidential information including experience working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Required - Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Required- Travel will be expected occasionally for this role between clinic locations as required by the eAWV program. eAWV CTAs may be floated to support other NP's in the region in addition to original assignment according to program requirements.
- Performs non-clinical patient interview and documentation of patient responses
- Documents history, physical exam, nursing care plans, and patient health maintenance plan as requested by the APP.
- Completed daily eAWV visit reminder calls to scheduled patients and documents telephone encounter in the EMR to ensure workflow and visit continuity is maintained
- Attendance at all C3 (Clinical Contact Center) departmental meetings and offsite education sessions, as well as quarterly eAWV provider meetings
- Checks on the status and timeliness of labs, imaging studies, and other patients care results
- Supports the patient and provider throughout the patient visit
- Ensures the patient and provider are prepared for the visit
- Ensures the patient's questions are answered prior to leaving; prepares room for next appointment
- Provides excellent patient service through effective communication both over the phone and in person
- Completes appropriate documentation including patient registration if necessary
- Maintains required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training and credentials through personal professional development
- Handles other duties as assigned effectively and efficiently
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Mechanical lifting devices (carts, dollies, etc.) or team lifts should be utilized.
Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement