World renown Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana is searching for a Chairman of our Department of Hospital Medicine to join a highly motivated team committed to providing the best inpatient experience possible.
What we seek:
- Board Certified Internist at least 5 years of relevant experience in a leadership role, leading a team
- Excellent clinician with proven leadership, team building, management experience and a strong academic background
- Experience as a current Chair, Vice Chair or Assistant Chair of a similarly sized program
- Success in: building or assisting in building, a significant Hospitalist program, leading and mentoring a larger group of hospitalist physicians, engaged with quality and process department improvement, problem solving, financial performance, relationship building across disciplines, education and academic endeavors, and involvement in specialty organizations at the local, regional and national levels
Compensation & Benefits:
- No limitations, outstanding and highly competitive salary
- Include equitable and clearly delineated compensation plan
- Paid Malpractice coverage and a favorable
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Generous retirement benefits (401k, 403b, deferred compensation plans)
- GME allowance
Department & Facility Highlights:
- Will lead 40 physicians and 15 advance practice providers who divide their time between direct patient care and tertiary care environment, teaching medical students and medicine residents and participating in clinical research
- Comfortable work schedule with group setting and quality time to care for 10-15 patients per day through utilizing Epic as our integrated electronic medical record system.
- Recognition in US News and World Report and named Thomson Reuters top 15 major teaching hospitals in the US
All interested applicants should submit their CV for review to Mark Morrison, Director, Professional Staff Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.