Associate Legal Counsel - Chinese and English Bilingual
Oceanwide Center LLC Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Associate Legal Counsel (the “ALC”) is responsible for assisting the General Counsel of Oceanwide Center in leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. The ALC provides senior management and other business departments within the organization with practical advice on company strategies and their implementation, assists the legal function, and manages the work of outside counsel. This role will be based in Los Angeles Area, providing day-to-day support to the Oceanwide Center project in SOMA district, and at the same time support Oceanwide U.S. headquarters office (USHQ), which indirectly oversees all real estate and development projects in the U.S.
The ALC assists the Oceanwide Center General Counsel and USHQ legal team in addressing issues related to real estate development, construction, financing, business transactions and operations. The ALC also assists with issues related to insurance and risk management. The ALC drafts and negotiates contracts, provides legal advice to senior management, helps design and implement company strategies and policies, and supervises outside counsel in areas like litigation, tax, employment, immigration etc.
1. Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide counsel and guidance on legal implications of all matters.
2. Collaborate with the legal team on all major real estate and business transactions.
3. Provide practical advice in support of cross-functional teams on a wide-ranging set of legal issues, including real estate, construction, regulatory, litigation risk and employment.
4. Assist in negotiating and drafting contracts, and act as a contract manager to organize and manage all business contracts.
5. Assist General Counsel in executing legal strategies and business transactions and managing business contracts and insurance programs.
6. Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions and codes.
7. Advise on legal aspects of company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
8. Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights; collaborate with the legal team in managing dispute resolutions, lawsuits, and work with General Counsel and outside counsel to plan and execute defense strategies.
9. Interact with and provide practical legal assistance to Finance, Construction, Cost Management, Design, Marketing, and Sales.
1. Customer/Client Focus
3. Communication Proficiency in English and Mandarin
4. Problem Solving/Analysis
6. Time Management
7. Integrity and Ethics
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Required Education and Experience
1. Law degree from a nationally accredited school,
2. Licensed to practice law in the State of California and in good standing in all licensed jurisdictions,
3. Prior experience (3-5 years) working in a law firm or as an in-house attorney, in corporate transactions or litigations; and
4. English and Chinese (Mandarin) bilingual and fluently read and write Chinese at professional working proficiency level.
Preferred Experience and Skills
1. 5 years’ experience as a real estate attorney, including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in real estate litigation;
2. Solid knowledge and experience as an in-house or outside attorney advising real estate developer, construction or commercial property management company clients;
3. Experience in negotiating, mediating and arbitrating business or real estate disputes; and
4. Familiarity with or strength in one or more of the following legal areas: business contracts, insurance claims, contractor disputes, design contracts, real estate transactions, construction, employment, immigration, or international transactions.
The candidate shall be eligible to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Oceanwide Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Oceanwide Center is owned by the Oceanwide Holding Group. Oceanwide Center, a mix-used project that will involve two different buildings located at First Street and Mission Street in San Francisco. The First Street Tower will be 850 feet tall with an estimated over 1 million sq. ft of office space, and over 100 luxury residential condominiums. The Mission Street Tower will stand at 605 feet tall with over 155 luxury condominiums and a five-star luxury hotel. Upon completion, the First street tower will be the second tallest building in San Francisco and a proud addition to the city skyline.
Oceanwide Center LLCWhy Work Here?
Great team, opportunity to grow within the company
Oceanwide Center LLC Oceanwide Center is owned by the Oceanwide Holding Group. Oceanwide Center, a mix-used project that will involve two different buildings located at First Street and Mission Street in San Francisco. The First Street Tower will be 850 feet tall with an estimated over 1 million sq. ft of office space, and over 100 luxury residential condominiums. The Mission Street Tower will stand at 605 feet tall with over 155 luxury condominiums and a five-star luxury hotel. Upon completion, the First street tower will be the second tallest building in San Francisco and a proud addition to the city skyline.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
LegalView all jobs at Oceanwide Center LLC