Oceanside Home Health Service is seeking current licensed Licensed Vocational Nurses to meet the growing demands of our clients.
This opportunity is flexible in it's hours and can be full-time or as a supplement to your current employment.
All clients reside within Los Angeles County
Compensation is set on a per visit basis and varies with required responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Registered nurse with current license to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of two years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
We believe that there is no place like home to provide a healing, relaxing environment when recovering from an illness, injury or surgical procedure. It is the place where family, friends, and familiar surroundings allow patients to be most comfortable – and recover faster.
Oceanside Home Health Services, Inc.
Why Work Here?Oceanside Home Health Services, Inc. provides a well-coordinated and comprehensive medical care to individuals in the comforts of their home. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our highly skilled healthcare professionals manage every aspect of patients’ health-related needs. We believe that there is no place like home to provide a healing, relaxing environment when recovering from an illness, injury or surgical procedure. It is the place where family, friends, and familiar surroundings allow patients to be most comfortable – and recover faster.
Offering Nursing Professionals the flexibility to work as often or as little as they'd like.
Long Beach, CA