Oceana is seeking a Social Media Specialist to support the growth of our social media campaigning and daily outreach. This person will be a member of the Marketing and Communications social media team to help execute digital advocacy, fundraising and marketing strategy and tactics for Oceana's overarching campaigns.
Our social media team works every day to be more effective and creative in digital fundraising, advocacy and engagement. We are looking to add capacity and a creative mind to the team. This person will work with communications and campaign staff to create social media campaigns, website content, action pages and other digital content to help meet Oceana's communication goals-including increasing online actions, sign-ups, donations, website traffic and other engagement. The Social Media Specialist will support efforts to increase adoption of social media best practices across Oceana country entities and brands.
The Social Media Specialist assists with implementation of Oceana's social media strategy to support Oceana campaigns and international brand. In this role s/he handles creation and scheduling of content on Oceana social media properties. This person must be data informed, actively participate in data collection and analysis to improve practices over time and propose new insights to inform strategies. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Social Media Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create daily updates of key social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube with Oceana information, calls to action, and ocean news.
2. Post content created by self or others on appropriate platform.
3. Work with the digital team to advance campaign and fundraising goals, including through messaging, calls to action and segmentation. Assist with the implementation of new strategies and approaches.
4. Keep up to date of ocean news and events for rapid response.
5. Build collateral, including petition, sign up and donation pages, in Engaging Networks.
6. Evaluate impact and recommend changes to improve engagement, advocacy, fundraising and marketing results. Implement agreed-to changes.
7. Identify and recommend new engagement tools and project opportunities that can truly make an impact for email list growth and campaign goals. Assist with implementation as agreed.
8. Always push for our digital outreach to be more effective, efficient, and motivating
9. Perform other duties and functions as needed.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience driving social media engagement
Skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrates constant urge to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and takes initiative to set priorities
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through, and the demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity in social media management, and bonus points for experience in paid social media advertising
- Familiarity with basic ability in HTML and CSS
- Comfortable working with Engaging Networks or comparable CRM and Drupal or comparable CMS
- Google Analytics experience or experience with other analytics software is a plus
- Bonus point for Photoshop or InDesign
- Interest in ocean conservation a plus
To Apply: Please attached your resume and cover letter.
"Oceana values a diverse workforce and welcomes people different from each other in many ways, including characteristics such as race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. Oceana considers all qualified candidates and seeks to recruit from a diverse candidate pool."