Planners Analyst - Boise
Responsible for vessels safe and efficient Stowage Planning and Special Cargo handling in North America.
Strategy implementation and optimization
· Execute and enhance operational strategies for own operated vessels based on company policy and Planners Manager’s directions.
· Ensure operates safe, cost efficient and competitive service.
· Participate in regular performance review meetings with vessel planners and operators.
Vessel Operations and Marine Safety
· Based on policy and directions of company, assist Stowage Planning team, ensure safety standards are maintained
· Maintain ongoing relationships with Partners, terminals and local Country Organizations to find the best balance between cost efficiency and service quality.
· Coordinate with internal space management equipment control, and vessel close teams to maximize the vessel space utilization while optimizing the operational efficiency/minimizing operation expenses.
· Responsible to, and acting on behalf of, the Master for the safe and efficient operation of container vessels, including the stowage of dangerous goods and un-containerized cargo, ensuring compliance with all relevant national, international and company regulations
· Instruct and liaise with terminals and master to optimize vessel stowage and ensure vessel is able to lift maximum cargo volume, with minimum operational expenses.
· Report operational cost related to stowage planning.
· Liaise with other consortia members with regard to allocations, special cargo, etc. for own vessels.
· Prepare RDR and other operational reports as required.
· Alerts the Operations team of any stowage issues that may affect turnaround time of vessel.
· Participate in the regular operations review meetings if requested.
· Advise other departments on technical matters, i.e. heavy lifts, OOG cargo, damage prevention.
· Cargo accident/stevedore damage handling.
· Conduct operational capacity studies as requested by company.
· Approve special cargo on own vessels and own bookings on other lines vessels.
· Visit terminals and vessel as requested.
Cost Control / Management Plan
· Implement measures to reduce costs
· Support Budget control.
· Monitor KPI´s for internal and external stakeholders.
· Ensure that all transactions in relation to stowage planning and marine safety are fully compliant with company rules and international/local regulations.
· Organize an efficient archive of relevant documents and data
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to evaluate data, analyze, and problem solve
· Responsive, dependable and follows through
· Ability to collaborate effectively
· Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to forge working relationships both internally and with external vendors at all levels.
· Analytical and methodical.
· Ability to work within a team.
Required Minimum Years Experience:
2+ years position that required strategic thinking and planning
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred