Ocean Network Express is a global transportation company with our main area of operations as international containerized shipping with a fleet size of 1.4 million TEU.
Manager, Vessel Close Out (Boise)
This position is responsible for the successful execution of the Boise Export Traffic/ Vessel Closing process. Assist the Sr. Manager in the development of policies and procedures to provide an optimal level of service. The VCO Manager will be responsible for the management of Export Traffic/ Vessel Closing team supervisors and functions, including but not limited to liaise with all areas of operation and pertinent divisions to ensure containers, meeting all requirements necessary, load their intended vessel.
Export traffic / Vessel closing Team Responsible to
- Ensure all documentation and correspondence are received by documentation team. (required documents for export)
- Tracking and tracing booking/container for final loading list (including dwelling containers)
- Reconcile booking and container list between ONE system and terminal system for checking any discrepancy.
- Monitor all vessel schedule cut off for preparing final loading list and demurrage billing.
- Direct supervisory responsibility of the supervisors and specialists in Boise
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. export processes and requirement (special cargo, Rail, U.S. Customs requirement)
- Provides weekly reports to management outlining significant activities
- Develop and implement standardized procedure to improve efficiency of team members
- Responsible and accountable for all employees reporting directly to this position and for ensuring company policy is communicated and followed.
- Available for extended hours and travel, as needed
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
- Management of team, experienced in hiring staff, work force planning, setting team goals, KPI/Metrics, performance review, coaching/evaluation, project management skills, and training
- Monitor and respond to internal and external customer requirements to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Ability to evaluate data, analyze, decide and navigate
- Proactively pursues continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow
- Leadership and management skills
- High level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
- Applies logical methods and analytical skills for recommendations and best results
- Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers with accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Applies knowledge, procedures and good judgment in daily decision-making
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS applications Excel, Word, Power Point
- Advanced knowledge of Pivot tables and formulas in MS Excel
Required Minimum Years’ Experience:
- 3+ Management and 5+ years of function related
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred