Sales Support Coordinator
Job Org Chart:Click here for job org chart
Sales Support is responsible for developing, and executing the day to day sales support activities on a regional scope under the supervision of Sales Support Supervisor in region. To ensure all necessary tasks are completed for the sales team to achieve profitability and volume growth goals under ONE’s marketing and commercial policy/strategy.
Sales Support Role and Task Fulfillment
- Act to conclude all sales support team tasks such as contracting, support of customer initiative and other commercial activities with an aim at achieving corporate business/marketing plans and regional business objectives under the guidance of Supervisor of Sales Support in region.
- Support the outside sales force’s Implementation and management of business development activities in line with the target account pipeline and achieve regional account portfolio expansion goals outlined by Director of Sales in region.
- Meet and exceed productivity goals involving support activities as set by Supervisor of Sales Support in region, relative to the regional specific objectives.
- Monitor, and take corrective action to meet sales support metric goals with specific action plans under the guidance and supervision of Supervisor of Sales Support in region.
- Perform and report specific regional KPI’s under the guidance and supervision of Supervisor of Sales Support in region.
Collaborate Horizontally, Vertically
- Demonstrate effective relationships with other internal stakeholders to ensure a collaborative team, cross-functional level, performs to attain regional sales plan (i.e.--Operations, Pricing, Customer Service, other Sales Regions, Accounting)
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate necessary information with the sales team, customers and stakeholders as appropriate
- Successful persuasion, negotiation, and problem-solving skills with customers and stakeholders both inside and outside
- Accountability for engagement in the regional business goals and supporting the outside sales team through the most efficient manner possible.
- Providing assistance to Supervisor of Sales Support in region for the development for sales support goals and reports on a regional basis that will be used to quantify and measure sales performance
- Ability to work in a collaborative, consensual environment with cross-functional department managers for purpose of improving profitability and service levels, driving efficiency
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proven ability to successfully strategize, implement, execute and achieve day to day commercial plans to achieve departmental goals.
- Skilled in all facets of the sales support process: Contract creation and amendments, rate and bid request submissions, customer related reporting and problem-solving.
- A track record of assisting the outside sales team in establishing goals and metrics for his or her outside sales team’s customer base to meet or exceed goals/ targets
- Ability to communicate, present and influence counterpart levels of the client organization
- Professional and personable demeanor
- Able to build rapport across varying personality types
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Required Minimum Years Experience:
1+ years of commercial experience in container shipping or logistics sectors
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred