The Media Assistant position concentrates on entering spot times and ensures pre and post logs are correct and sees to any needed corrections for various clients. The position maintains constant and effective communication with the Assistant Media Negotiators, Negotiators, and all members of the Media Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Requests pre and post logs from cable, broadcast, and local networks
· Sends spot times from networks to Simix for processing
· Trouble shoots and resolves any Simix problems that arise on a timely basis
· Notifies the negotiator of any issues that arise daily with the account
· Accurately tracks and resolves discrepancies and make goods along with Assistant Media Negotiator and Media Negotiator
· Addresses any traffic rotation issues directly with the networks
· Accurately submits finalized pre and post logs to negotiator for final approval
· Submits approved pre and post log to account service team by due date and communicates any important information to the team
· Monitors media dollars and impressions weekly and alerts the team of any discrepancies
· Insures a fair and equitable distribution of spots according to daypart, day of week, and program.
· Communicates with networks and stations on a regular basis
· Assists with general data entry and additional projects within the media department
· Acts as back-up receptionist when needed and in the absence of the receptionist. General receptionist duties include: answering phones, greeting visitors and other reception-related tasks.
· Follows all company health and safety procedures
· Perform other related duties as required or assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferred; but not required
No related experience required