- Posted: over a month ago
Company Intro: Ocean Health Initiatives, Inc. (OHI) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing quality, accessible and comprehensive primary health care to the residents of Ocean and Monmouth County; regardless of economic status.
Our Health Center Locations: Brick, Freehold, Lakewood, Little Egg Harbor, Manahawkin, Manchester and Toms River; with our school-based Wellness Programs located within the Clifton Ave Grade School, Lakewood; and Lakewood High School.
OHI services include family and internal medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, nutrition, OB/GYN women’s health, dental, family planning, specialty care, pharmacies, PrEP, and a STI clinic.
Reporting to the VP of Operations the Security Officer is responsible for patient and employee safety at all OHI locations.
- Opens building on time every day.
- Performs various tasks beyond security relating to front desk procedures with patients and the operation of OHI vehicles.
- Investigates malfunctions observed, including safety/building maintenance issues and reports them.
- Transmits and receives over two-way radio system to other members of the Security Team when necessary.
- Monitors traffic and weather conditions and notifies management of potential problems.
- When needed, shovels snow and salt all walkways around the practice sites to ensure patient and employee safety is maintained.
- When needed facilitates patient’s arrival to practice sites in the EMR system.
- Monitors aggressive patients when needed either by request or as directed by the security BOLO (be on the lookout) system.
- Assists police officers as appropriate.
- Completes incident report for patients and OHI staff containing detailed history of unusual events and maintain log of same.
- Investigates vandalism and reports suspects to police.
- Assist vendors called for repairs with access to troubled area.
- Responsible for accountability of full sharps containers ensuring they are disposed appropriately in designated area.
- Participates in events such as health fairs or other outreach programs by maintaining crowd control, clearing parking lot(s) and protecting OHI property.
- Prepares report of daily activities.
- Inventories and assigns laptops to providers.
- Secures all doors at practice sites.
- Patrols parking lots every 30 minutes, keeps log of same and ensures adherence to parking regulations.
- Ensures safety for staff and patients.
- Courier service for lab results, medical records and financial documents and delivers supplies as needed.
- In absence of housekeeping staff will remove garbage from site and dispose of appropriately.
- Monitors alarm systems and responds to call from the alarm company during off hours (24 hours).
- Relocates office furniture when requested.
- Operates ALL OHI vehicles safely and efficiently.
- In conjunction with the practice director ensures safe and timely deposit of all cash receipts.
- Inspects exterior and interior of shuttle van to ensure it is cleaned, fueled and well maintained and functioning properly at all times. Records malfunctioning items or damage on the daily log and submits to Security Manager.
- Constantly strives to achieve excellence in day-to-day operations of respective department.
- Adheres to Corporate Compliance policies.
- Completes all mandatory in-services in a timely fashion and attend all required meetings.
- Maintains monthly scorecard metric threshold at 80%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree is preferred.
- SORA Certification is required.
- Two to three years security officer experience in health care setting is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 is preferred.
- Clear driver’s license is required.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holidays (8)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 401(k) + 5% match
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Criminal Background Checks
- Drug Screening
- Tuberculosis Screening
Hours: Shifts vary by sites and business needs.
M – F 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
M – F 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
M – F 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Late Nights 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturdays 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Ocean Health Initiatives is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Therefore, Ocean Health does not discriminate on the basis of creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital or parental status, alienage, disability, political affiliation or belief, military or military discharge status.In accordance with New Jersey Executive order (COVID-19 No.283) in conjunction with the Federal CDC guidelines, COVID vaccinations are a requirement for Ocean Health Initiatives as well as many other Healthcare Organizations. Proof of full vaccination and the booster shot is required prior to the beginning date of employment. If you have a medical or religious contraindication, please inform Human Resources when the offer is extended
Ocean Health Initiatives
Real EstateView all jobs at Ocean Health Initiatives
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?