Ocean Computer Group is a leading provider of IT solutions and integration services for Dell and IBM in the NJ, NY, Eastern PA and CT areas. We have been in business since 1985 and are presently looking for full time Senior Enterprise Engineer to join our team.
The Senior Engineer is principally responsible for installing virtualization technologies, installing server and SAN technologies, offering pre-sales and post sales assistance, training and supporting clients and their networks. Strong Networking skills are a plus.
The Senior Network Engineer configures the equipment and software to meet client business needs, trains the customer on the solution, and documents the solution for ongoing support.
The Senior Engineer can function as part of or lead an implementation team on larger projects, or individually provides the services on support visits or smaller projects.
The Senior Network Engineer may also provide technical support to the sales staff and assist with the design of solutions our company represents.
Typical work activities usually include:
Installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure
· Installing, supporting Dell and IBM servers and SANs, working knowledge of iSCSI/FC
· Installation, upgrades and support for VMware/ environments
· Installation and support of SonicWALL and other major vendor network equipment and firewalls
· Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection, setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
· Monitoring, troubleshoot network usage/issues
· Ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers
· Suggesting and providing IT solutions to business and management problems for clients
· Analyzing and resolving faults, ranging from a major system crash to an intermittent issues
· Undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet
· Providing training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
· Working closely with customer staff and collaborating with other IT staff
· Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work
· Ability to pass criminal background check and drug testing as required by our clients.
All interested candidates must have a 2 Year Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Strong background in Storage, Security or Microsoft technologies is a plus.
Certifications requested: CCNA, CCNP, VMWare VCP, Dell/IBM SAN or similar, EMC SAN a plus, MSCE, CISSP
Skills: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Windows Server products, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL server, Linux, network trace analysis using Sniffer or similar tools, VPN, MPLS, VOIP, routers, switches, & firewall technologies, VMWare ESX and Virtual Center implementations, network discovery and analysis.
At Ocean Computer Group we offer a competitive salary, Medical Benefits, 401k, Paid Vacation Time and Training.