Senior Network Engineer and Virtualization Specialist for Mid-Market
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $150,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Ocean Computer Group is a leading provider of IT solutions and integration services for Dell, Microsoft and VMWare in the NJ, NY, Eastern PA areas. We have been in business since 1985 and are presently looking for full time senior enterprise engineers to add to our team.
The Senior Engineer is principally responsible for installing Microsoft and VMware technologies, installing/troubleshooting server, Networking/Routing, Exchange and Office 365, offering pre-sales and post sales assistance, training and supporting clients and their networks. Strong Microsoft and Networking are required.
The Senior Network Engineer configures the equipment and software to meet client business needs, trains the customer on the solution, and documents the solution for ongoing support.
The Senior Engineer can function as part of or lead an implementation team on larger projects, or individually provides the services on support visits or smaller projects.
The Senior Network Engineer may also provide technical support to the sales staff and assist with the design of Compute/Virtual, SAN and LAN-based solutions.
Typical work activities usually include:
· Installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure
· Installing and Migration of Exchange to Exchange or Office 365 and Active Directory
· Installing, supporting Dell and IBM servers and SANs, working knowledge of iSCSI
· Installation, upgrades and support for VMware and Hyper V environments
· Installation and support of SonicWall and other major vendor network equipment and firewalls
· Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection, setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
· Monitoring, troubleshoot network usage/issues/outages
· Ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers
· Suggesting and providing IT solutions to business and management problems for clients
· Analyzing and resolving faults, ranging from a major system crash to minor issues
· Undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining, and monitoring network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet
· Providing training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
· Working closely with customer staff and collaborating with other IT staff
· Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work
· Able to provide documentation, network diagrams and assistance with scope creation
· Excellent customer interaction skills
At Ocean Computer Group we offer a competitive salary, Medical Benefits, 401k, Paid Vacation Time and Training.
All interested candidates must have a 2 Year Degree/Vocational with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Strong background in Microsoft, Networking, Security or Office 365 is a plus.
Certifications desired: VMWare VCP, Dell/IBM, CNA or similar, MSCE
Skills: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Windows Server products, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory, SQL server, firewalls, VMWare ESX, Hyper V and Virtual Center implementations, network discovery and analysis.
Ocean Computer Group is primarily focused on solving business challenges. That means we take the time to understand your unique operating environment, and we leverage our experience and expertise to prescribe the best solution to your challenges.
Our customers range from single office environments with dozens or hundreds of employees to regional offices and multiple locations that support thousands of employees across many locations. Our Public Sector customers span all K-12, Higher Ed, County and Municipality customers in NJ. And we can scale from specific project and integration projects to compete design, implementation and management of complex infrastructures.
Our people make the difference.
Ocean Computer Group
90 Matawan RoadMatawan, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?