IDST: Database Engineer with TS SCI Clearance: Ft. Bragg, NC
- Expired: April 29, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Occam Solutions is seeking a Database Engineer with TS/SCI Clearance to provide support to a US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) customer to integrate as part of a team that will provide advanced analytical knowledge of data, with a focus on conducting big data analysis, data conditioning, programming advanced computing, developing algorithms, developing software and data models, executing predictive analytics, and utilizing visualization tools. This team will provide support to the J2 and J8 Directorates.
- Responsible for developing and translating computer algorithms into prototype code and maintaining, organizing, and identifying trends in large data sets.
- Design, implement, and manage SQL databases.
- Create process documentation.
- Work effectively with peers in a collaborative environment.
- Code in Python, SQL, Cypher, Java, Kafka, Hive, R, or Storm.
- Oversee real-time business metric aggregation, data warehousing and querying, schema and data management, and related duties.
- Design, develop, and test databases on Cloud-based platforms.
- Analyze procedures to control the access and allocation of data.
- Maintain security controls in supported databases.
- Apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments and contribute to the development of new ideas and principles.
- Solve complex problems, under consultative direction, and represent the SOF Data Science teams across the SOF Intelligence Enterprise working on long-range programs and objectives.
- Provide advice to the SOF Intelligence Data Team customer and assist in overall functional strategic data planning.
- Work directly with the SOF Data Science Team to ensure the data systems supporting the IDST are functioning optimally and can integrate any needed capabilities to support the team.
Required experience and education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, IT, or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Database Administrator and/or Database engineer.
- Experience designing storage solutions for large amounts of structured and unstructured data that is optimized for data retrieval and analysis.
- Extensive hands-on experience in all DBA tasks such as user management, backup and recovery, snapshot creation and deletion.
- Experience with DDL scripts to create, maintain, and upgrade database schemas.
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL to perform complex queries, data manipulations and data migrations.
- Experience writing and maintaining shell scripts; additional experience with R, Python, Java is helpful.
- Experience in database design and implementation using cloud-based technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure) and respective database service.
- Experience implementing graph databases.
- Experience working with Git version control.
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) II Certification including Security+.
Location: Ft. Bragg, NC
AddressFort Bragg, NC
Get fresh Principal Database Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.