Front-End Database Developer
- Posted: 19 days ago
Front End Database Developer - Aviation Sector
Summary: This role supports the Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Safety Oversight organization, which is responsible for ensuring the safety of 45,000 flights and 3 million passengers, traversing over 29 million miles of U.S. controlled airspace every day. The successful candidate will work with a collaborative team of experts to maintain legacy databases while planning, designing, developing, and ultimately implementing new capabilities. Additionally, they will provide expertise in process improvement, quality assurance, knowledge management, and organization and team performance, as needed.
This is a hybrid position located in the Washington, DC Metro Area.
About OAS: OAS is a rapidly expanding management consulting company with a focus on the aviation industry. OAS is an aviation-focused team, building client partnerships to integrate smart, strategic, technical and organizational solutions. Our clients include civilian and military aviation organizations.
We are headquartered in Vienna, VA. OAS is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business.
OAS is committed to a healthy work environment. Proof of COVID Vaccination is required for all new employees prior to start date. Reasonable accommodations may be available for applicants not vaccinated due to health (disability) reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices, or observances.
Position Functions & Skills:
- Responsible for providing expertise with their ability and knowledge to write code, design, develop and implement new applications as well as maintain and upgrade legacy tools.
- Manage and execute the development of user interface beginning with requirements, through design, development and implementation of dashboards and capabilities to integrate with new database back-end.
- Must have knowledge and experience with industry best practices for UX/UI, Dashboards, Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), and version control (GIT).
Required Education, Skills & Capabilities:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Web Development, UX/UI Design, Data Science, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience developing front-end frameworks (Bootstrap and others)
- Industry experience with best practices for UX/UI, dashboards, continuous integration, and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Independent version control experience (GIT)
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage best practices and innovative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with MS SharePoint
Preferred Education, Skills & Capabilities:
- Active Public Trust Clearance
Objective Area Solutions, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?