Oasis at Dodge Park and Dodge Park Rest Home Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Oasis at Dodge Park , it is about ENRICHING LIVES! Of our residents and employees at the same time.
Dodge Park Rest Home and Oasis at Dodge Park is looking for full time flexible caregivers for the days (7-3) and evening (3-11) shifts.
The candidates must have the ability to work weekends. Previous experience with dementia care is a big plus.
Join our dynamic team of individuals and help us caring for our memory impaired residents in a very unique way.
- We are very excited to post opening for Caregivers position for the Dodge Park Rest Home facility and the Oasis At Dodge Park.
- Previous experience with dementia and Alzheimer's residents a big plus.
- No certificate or license require. We will train the right individual.
- The caregivers reports directly to the floor manager and Staff Nurse.
- Provides care to residents as established in DPRH’s Management’s policies and procedures, current standards of care and practice and applicable state/federal regulations.
- CNA license is not required but preferred.
- Optional - Have completed an approved training program and passed competency examinations in clinical skills and written knowledge in accordance with statutory requirements for Certified Nurse Assistant.
- High school student or graduate.
- Previous experience in nursing home or assisted living memory care unit/dementia unit a big plus.
- The caregiver must possess comprehensive knowledge of good resident care practices.
- Understands and agrees with DPRH’s Management’s philosophy and goal to maintain, improve and/or enhance each resident’s quality of care and quality of life.
- Provides, completes and documents, if applicable, resident care as assigned in a timely and accurate manner at the Care tracker system. Examples of resident care include but are not limited to:
- Identifies safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action immediately as identified in DPRH’s Management’s policies and procedures, current standards of care and practice and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Attends and participates in facility in-service training programs. Completes any assignments and CEU (on line via Silverchair Learning) or evaluations in a timely and factual fashion.
- Practices good infection control techniques in all aspects of resident care, including, but not limited to hand washing, linen handling, Foley catheters, soiled resident clothing, etc.
- Reports any signs or symptoms of infections or poor infection control practice by others to the Staff Nurse as identified.
- Reports changes in resident’s condition immediately to the Staff Nurse.
- Responds to requests from residents for assistance in a respectful and timely fashion. Answers call lights promptly.
- Observes residents’ rights including, but not limited to, privacy, dignity, etc., when rendering care to residents as required by DPRH’s Management’s policies and procedures, current standards of care and practice and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Uses facility or resident equipment and supplies in an appropriate manner. Reports concerns or requests assistance as indicated.
- Communicates suggestions or concerns from residents, other staff, visitors or others to the RP, floor manager and Staff Nurse in a timely, factual and accurate manner.
- Practices good body mechanics during lifting and other physical exertions to prevent injuries to self or to others. Observes all safety precautions as required in DPRH’s Management’s policies and procedures.
- Assists residents to social functions or to meals in a timely manner as assigned by the Staff Nurse or as indicated in the overall plan of care.
- Participates in the orientation of new or temporary staff to the unit to assure continuity in the delivery of resident care.
- Seeks assistance from the Staff Nurse when confronted with a resident problem that requires special attention.
- Provides restorative care to residents as assigned by the Staff Nurse or as indicated in the overall plan of care to include, but not be limited to, range of motion, ambulation, positioning, toileting and others.
- Promotes and encourages social interactions from residents during meals, during direct care and at other times as appropriate.
- Supports, maintains and assists with projects related to the Activity Programs of the facility.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned by the Staff Nurse.
Great benefit package including paid breaks, free meals, paid holidays, sick, vacation and personal. 401K with company match.
Please apply on line or in person at Dodge Park Rest Home located at 101 Randolph Road Worcester MA. Please use lower rear entrance to HR office. Walk in welcome Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 4:30pm