- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse MDS Coordinator (RN Preferred) participates in the Resident Assessment Process through completion of the pertinent items on the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and the accompanying Care Area Assessments (CAAs). Participates in developing individualized resident Care Plans, identifying the needs of the resident and projected outcomes as required by Federal and State regulations.
1. Contributes to the center interdisciplinary RAI process while following RAI guidelines for completion, computer encoding and electronic transmission of the MDS.
2. Coordinates the completion of the resident assessment instrument: MDS, CATs and CAAs, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the resident assessment.
3. Assists with developing resident(s) plan of care in conjunction with other IDT members.
4. Identifies changes in condition in conjunction with IDT and coordinates scheduling and completion of indicated assessments.
5. Participates in Center IDT meetings as directed by Administrator in line with Oakview meeting guidelines.
6. Assists with providing ADL training to new hires and with ongoing continuing education in conjunction with other pertinent nursing and facility management.
7. Attends/participates in educational programs to maintain knowledge with current RAI/PPS regulations.
8. Attends facility in-services and department/facility meetings as applicable.
9. Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to location/company safety standards for the healthcare professional.
10. Maintain resident confidentiality and privacy; treat residents with kindness, dignity and respect; know and comply with and ensure that all nursing services personnel know and comply with Resident's Rights rules;
11. Complies with all Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional as applicable to the position and in the business location or workplace.
12. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
13. Participates in orientation and training programs, as required.
14. Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance using the 4-Step Reporting Process.
15. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
16. Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
17. Adheres to location protocols and department/company policy and procedures.
18. Adheres to established HIPAA confidentiality standards of patient/resident and client location information.
19. Maintains on-site regular attendance as scheduled.
20. Performs all other tasks or duties as assigned.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance and Ethics Program, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
- At least 2 years MDS experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (RN preferred, LPN acceptable)
This is a full time position that has excellent benefits, including paid vacation and sick time, personal holidays, company sponsored healthcare, vision and dental, 401(k), and other benefits.
Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing CenterEssex, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.