Memory Care Lifestyle Director
- Posted: May 04, 2022
Oaks Senior Living is currently recruiting a kind hearted Lifestyle Director who has a passion for working with seniors. Our culture centers around a Person Centered Lifestyle with great core values and a dedication to enrich the lives of those we serve . Oaks Senior Living inspires team members to excel, rewards for excellence and creates a work environment where all are trusted and empowered with a sense of ownership. Extremely rewarding opportunity with growth potential!
The Activities Director will be in charge of planning, coordinating, and implementing an activities program that reflects the varied interests of the residents and provides them with meaningful and enriching activities including social, educational, recreational, and spiritual programs. The Activities Director will recruit, coordinate, and train volunteer members, and help ensure employee involvement in the activities program. The Activities Director is a part of the management team of the community.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with residents in a long-term care setting.
- Experience in program and event planning for older adults is preferred.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with older adults. Desire to work with older adults.
- Strong creativity and organizational skills.
- Supervisory experience in a healthcare or service industry preferred.
- Clean driving record and willingness to drive company vehicle and transport residents.
- Must be 21 years of age. Must have a satisfactory criminal history check.
- Must have physical exam by a licensed physician. Must have a negative drug screen.
- Must be able to react in an emergency situation.
- Oversee the implementation of the Oaks Senior Living Life Enrichment Program guidelines.
- Develop, plan and participate in the daily and weekly Life Enrichment programming.
- Coordinate with kitchen regarding food service for special events, provide list of absent residents during outings, coordinate snacks with planned event, and
- Create a monthly activities calendar that reflects the varied interests of the residents and provides them with enriching opportunities. Coordinate all special events, including holiday events.
- Utilize community resources and entertainers to schedule various activities including special events.
- Strengthen local community involvement through promotion of volunteerism among members of the community.
- Perform personalized assessments of residents' interest.
- Provide a forum for residents to meet monthly and share their ideas, thoughts, and concerns regarding their activities through the resident council meetings.
- Ensure that residents are encouraged and assisted to attend activities that are of interest to them.
- Adhere to each Resident's Care Plan and notify the Wellness Director of any changes in resident condition.
- Facilitate with resident move-ins. Greet new residents and introduce them to fellow residents.
- Assist with serving meals and supervise caregiver staff in the dining room.
- Maintain an adequate supply of equipment for regular activities, keeping within budgetary guidelines.
- Arrange transportation for regular and special outings and transportation for medical appointments.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by The Executive Director.
- Comply with Oaks Senior Living policies, training programs, and state and federal regulations.
- Maintain CPR & First Aid certification.
- Supervise the caregiver staff on duty in providing quality care and meeting the needs of residents in accordance with the Oaks Senior Living philosophy and policies.
- Review daily all communication tools used in providing resident care.
- Communicate residents' needs with caregiver staff at change of shift and with the Executive Director and Wellness Director as needed. Establish and maintain good relationships and communicate effectively with residents and their families.
- Participate in the Manager-on-Duty rotation. Lead by example, encourage teamwork, promote the Oaks Senior Living philosophy, and provide ongoing coaching to employees.
- Provide an "open door" to employees, addressing any concerns or grievances they may have.
- Follow infection control procedures and resident transfer guidelines.
- Respond to on-the-job injuries in accordance with Oaks Senior Living policies and procedures.
Volunteer Recruitment, Coordinating, and Training
- Develop and maintain a solid volunteer base through building relationships in the community.
- Orient and train volunteers to the residence, the residents, and key policies.
- Match volunteers' interests with specific activities in an effort to enrich both the lives of the residents and volunteers.
- Supervise and provide ongoing support and coaching to volunteers.
- Encourage the residents' family members to volunteer and be part of the activities at the residence.
- Train employees to conduct activities and to encourage resident participation.
- Recognize volunteers on a regular basis for their contribution.
Reports to: Executive Director
Physical Job Requirements
To fulfill job requirements, employee must be able to perform key physical task for extended periods of time. Employees must adhere to proper body mechanics and safety measures when supporting or transferring residents. In a typical eight- hour day, employee will:
- Stand/walk up to eight hours a day. Sit up to two hours a day.
- Frequently support up to 70 pounds .Occasionally lift/carry up to 15 pounds.
- Frequently kneel, bend, and reach.
- Secure proper assistance for transferring of residents as needed.
Oaks Senior Living, LLC
Personal CareView all jobs at Oaks Senior Living, LLC