Location: Littleton, Colorado
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or related area of study.
Years of Experience: 2-5 years
Primary responsibility is to provide technical engineering support to the OAI Advanced Product Development group. The candidate will work across a range of engineering tasks, utilizing industry best practices for mission concept development, new product design, and technical market assessment activities that will support OAI’s research and development tasks.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
· Self-motivated and performing tasks with minimal oversight
· Experience in a multi discipline environment
· Proficient in common Aerospace tools (STK, Matlab, etc.)
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
· Sound time management skills, attention to detail, and priority management to meet deadlines
Required Skills & Knowledge:
· Development of various spacecraft system architectures and/or subsystems
· Development, review and analysis of system requirements
· Presenting technical roadmaps and forecast updates to management
· Developing and managing multiple priorities across multiple efforts
· Participating in design reviews, to verify that the design meets or exceeds product specifications
· Willingness to learn and develop new skills utilizing industry tools
· Developing effective plans, coordinating the efforts of design and operations personnel, and utilizing analytical methods to verify product meets established requirements
· Identifying and implementing continuous product and process improvements
· Completing projects on-time and on-budget
· Identifying and applying industry proven practices to product development
· Communication skills to interact with leads, customers, teammates, and vendors
· Mission operations experience
· Software experience