Chief Financial Officer
Oakley Companies, Inc. Prince George, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Reporting to the Owner/President, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for directing the financial functions of the Company in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition, this individual will be directly involved in providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization. Finally, through keen oversight of the accounting process, the CFO will enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation, effectiveness and financial condition of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Financial Management
· Direct Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) processes to ensure timely billing and sufficient cash flow for the organization
· Oversee the collection of past-due accounts
· Facilitate the optimization of the organization’s accounting software system, by providing the appropriate information about Profit & Loss, revenue and account summary reporting
· Investigate and recommend outside resources for capital when needed, negotiating competitive rates
· Report monthly to the Owner/President on all financial areas
· Satisfy all regulatory and tax compliance filings and reports, while working to minimize taxes
· Maintain customer contracts and ensure expiration does not occur.
· Initiate pricing increases with customers as set time frames call for.
2. Risk Management
· Ensure accurate and timely payment for all insurance policies
3. Systems and Support
· Manage systems in order to provide reliable and competitively priced service and support for all technological areas within the organization including, but not limited to, internet and email, file back-ups, network, and PC computers, function specific software, cloud storage and printers and scanning equipment, etc.
· Manage staff in the compliance of software for all users
· Work directly with division heads in the forecasting of revenues and expenses, reporting to Owner/President on a quarterly basis
· Oversee and administer all agreements for office/storage space leases, computer leases, etc.
· Direct and manage the purchase of office furniture and supplies
· Monitor payroll and ensure selected contractor is efficient and competitively priced.
· Initiate meetings as needed with President/Owner to address areas of concern or ideas for process efficiency and improvement
5. Human Resources Management
· Manage, motivate and provide leadership to an accounting staff of seven individual
· Monitor and evaluate subordinates’ performance and workloads, reassigning priorities as needed
· Perform staffing functions (hire, terminate and coach)
· Provide employee insurance and benefits information to entire staff of organization.
· Lead negotiations to maintain the best and most competitively priced health insurance and other employee benefits
Basic Skills Needed
· 10 years Accounting/Financial Experience with 3-5 years in senior management role
· Advanced PC Skills (Microsoft Office – Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook and Access)
· Exceptional Interpersonal Communication (written and verbal)
· B.A. in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
Compensation will be offered based on experience and skill
Oakley Companies, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great Staff, Strong Owner, Diversity of Opportunities
Organization with various divisions/companies which compliment each others services.
5115 PRINCE GEORGE DRPrince George, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Oakley Companies, Inc.