We are seeking an organized, compassionate, and hard-working Veterinary Technician to join Oakbrook Veterinary Clinic. Candidates must be comfortable working with both cats and dogs in a fast paced environment. It is crucial to have good communication skills both in person and on the phone. You also need to be familiar with proper cleaning and sanitizing techniques to ensure our facility is safe for our clients.
Veterinary Technician Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet clients and obtain contact information and pet medical histories
• Provide assistance to the veterinarian during examinations and routine procedures.
• Handle basic care duties, such as cleaning and dressing wounds, administering medication, collecting samples, and walking patients.
• Assist with diagnostic imaging and lab work, including blood tests and analysis of urine and stool samples
• Provide food and water to animals retained more than a day and observe any unusual health issues
• Sterilize tools and restock examination and operating rooms
• Inform and educate families about at-home care for their pets
• Update patient files and handle other administrative duties as necessary
• Answer the phones to schedule appointments via the computer system
Veterinary Technician Requirements and Qualifications
• Registered veterinary technician with at least 1 year of experience
• Working knowledge of standard industry tools and equipment
• Solid understanding of animal behavior and healthcare
• Passion for working with animals and their owners
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to restrain larger pets when necessary
• Flexible schedule
Oakbrook Veterinary Clinic