This role is primarily an Application Support role which includes working with end-users and being responsive to user requests for assistance. Occasional Business Analysis skills for project/enhancement work will also be a portion of this role. Good troubleshooting, communication and organization skills are required to be successful in this role. Occasional (once a quarter) trips to the North Slope (less than 1 week at a time) travel may be required for working with customers there.
• Provides and updates documentation of network and operating procedures and guidelines.
• Performs security assessments and provide recommendations for existing configurations.
• Ensures a secure and robust environment for the administration system.
• Performs maintenance on servers and desktops.
• Performs patch/security updates to physical and virtual servers.
• Ensures proper security protocols and guidelines are followed.
• Protects the network from vulnerabilities.
• Monitors and performs replication, backups and recovery.
• Monitors, improves and maintains the disaster-recovery environments.
• Uses project management tools and techniques to implement new initiatives.
• Reports project status.
• Works with end users or lower-level staff to achieve common goals.
• Performs cost/benefit analysis of proposed IT projects.
• Provides system analysis/troubleshooting by reviewing logs and working with application teams on production issues.
• Leads projects for infrastructure and systems upgrades/implementations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience.
• Moving towards full competency.
• Requires a broader, general understanding of discipline.
• Identifies problems and develops potential solutions.
• Makes decisions within well defined parameters.