G&G Data Clean-Up - Estimated 9 Month Contract
This position will work on the GGRE data clean-up and data management activities in support of moving from Landmark OpenWorks to Schlumberger's Petrel-Studio. Previous experience working on this type of migration is important.
Additional skills include:
- Data Management professionals experienced in managing subsurface data
- Proven track record in migrating data from OpenWorks/DSG to the Petrel Studio database
- Experience in recent versions of Petrel and Studio data management
- Use of these tools for visual data quality control
- Experience in data cleansing in context of understanding of smooth data migration
- Critical minimum data experience – Well Headers/Wellbore, Directional Surveys, Logs, Picks, Checkshots etc.
- Knowledge of Seismic data management will be an advantage
- Seismic data management (Pre and Post stack trace data)
- Seismic navigation (including geospatial positioning)
- Seismic contracts and entitlements
- Seismic workstation management (focused on Petrel)
- Understanding of basic Petrophysical processes and log curve management
- Experience using OpenSpirit/RoQc
- Database experience Oracle/Sql and basic scripting
- Responsible for geoscience related database management.
- OpenWorks data – seismic and well data quality determination
- OpenWorks data – seismic and well data quality issue resolution
- Petrel data management experience
- Well & Seismic Data quality loading into Petrel
- Petrel Studio data management experience
- Migration of well data from Landmark to Petrel
- Data migration experience from one platform to another
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
- Automation of data quality improvements – scripting, programming etc.
- Petrel data migration QC
- Hands-on Experience with prior migration into Petrel from another platform; not supervisory, hands-on experience
- Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline.
- Ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations.
- Recommends solutions to complex problems.
- Performs major accountabilities.
- Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area.