Roles and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming incident or service requests from internal customers via telephone, web and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit incident details from service desk customers to record incidents document all pertinent end customer identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Classify and prioritize problems and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced analysts,
- Lead Analyst or other IT Groups. Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply standard, approved diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access knowledge bases, policy manuals, frequently asked questions resources and other reference materials to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform fixes at the desktop level using remote tools which will include installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to incident requests for customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Recommend or suggest methods to update, simplify and enhance processes, procedures and technologies.
- Perform communication activities to customers in regards to the implementation of programs, policies and services provided by the company.
- Manage individual and/or group network and system access.
- Legally Authorized to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a Help Desk and/or Call Center environment.
- Ability to perform shift work and/or a variable work schedule.
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice suites and Windows Operating Systems.
- Bachelor's degree desirable in Business or an IT related field.
- 3+ years equivalent work experience in an IT technology environment.
- Certifications in: MCP in Windows XP or A+ Certification.
- 2 years of experience with Windows Active Directory
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to follow written procedures and security guidelines.