Desktop Support Technician - Estimated 12 Month Contract
Provides resolution to all desktop support requests. Configures, troubleshoots, isolates, repairs, and resolves all customer desktop issues including desktop/laptop hardware and software, mobile devices, printer, scanners, copiers, hardware peripherals and other desktop related equipment. Troubleshoots and repair desktop computers to ensure they interconnect seamlessly with multiple systems including network drives and all business productivity applications. Communicates directly with customers via phone, e-mail and remote diagnostics to identify, reproduce and resolve customer reported issues. Works independently to troubleshoot all support requests and follow escalation policies. Participates in testing, documentation and implementation of assigned projects. Responsible for tracking hardware inventory per division policies along with running and terminating infrastructure cabling between workstations and communication closets. Typically requires 3-5 years of experience. Intermediate level. Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support. General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department. Performs routine tasks. Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.
This position will begin working in Anchorage then transition to North Slope Kuparuk and work a North Slope schedule. Will need ability to work both Anchorage and North Slope schedules.
- Provide deskside and remote support for Personal Computing environments at the Anchorage, Kuparuk, and Alpine locations.
- Perform technical support, assembly, installation, repairs, and moving of computers, printers and peripheral hardware assemblies, and maintain hardware inventories for on-site and remote computer support to end users.
- Handling technically complex desktop support issues.
- Work independently and partner with multiple IT support team personnel in Alaska, Bartlesville, and Houston to provide seamless support to users.
- Provides training and consultation to end users. Provides expertise in the selection of standard hardware and software solutions to maximize efficiency and meet customer needs.
- Certified warranty & non- warranty repair of Dell computers and Hewlett Packard printers.
- Managing small to medium local projects for and participate in IT initiatives.
- A+ Certification (If not, must be able to obtain within 3 months of starting position)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full - time basis without restrictions
- Three years of direct experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Able to lift/move equipment up to 30lbs
- Able to work a 2 week on / 2 week off rotational schedule in Kuparuk or Alpine on the North Slope, Alaska
- Completion of North Slope Unescorted Training course (NSTC Certification) http://nstc.apicc.org/
- Valid Drivers License
- Knowledge of a broad range of technologies including: WAN/LAN, COE Desktop, Core Business Applications and Desktop Products
- Ability to give presentations to small or medium size groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with direct customer interaction
- Ability to work well with local and global teams
- Willingness to continually learn
- Ability to champion change
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science
Why Work Here?Excellent Staffing Agency that find top talent and connects them with amazing companies.
Amazing company with great benefits and awesome opportunity to grow!