The position of Teller is responsible for performing routine branch and customer services duties; accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
1. Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form and issuing receipts.
2. Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
3. Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
4. Issues official checks. Processes change orders and deposit slip corrections
5. Assists with night depository duties; logs bags; processes deposits; makes change orders; issues receipt and returns bags to customers.
6. Cross-sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
7. Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and assisting customers.
8. Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
9. Accepts loan and installment payments.
10. Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to the vault.
11. Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
12. Records, files, microfilms, updates information, prepares wire transfers and sorts mail or reports as required.
13. Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
14. May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
15. May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin.
16. Types routine letters reports and forms.
17. Maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and distributes supplies.
18. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
20. Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
21. Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a cash handling and/or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
· Basic experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services.
· Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
· Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
· Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
· Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
· Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized situations.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
· Current STATE driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.