- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The position of Network Engineer will be proactive in addressing problems and will quickly solve issues and address concerns presented by the user base and any other consumer of OSB’s IT services. Additionally, this position will continually look for ways to improve the efficiency of the corporate-wide IT initiatives and processes, identifying issues and potential issues before they become impactful to the company’s operations and/or customers. At all times the individual will provide exemplary customer service and will tenaciously pursue problem resolutions, working until such issues have been resolved to the requester’s satisfaction.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Technical assistance and problem resolution to all OSB employees, contractors, regulatory representatives, vendors, service providers, and other such entities as may be necessary. Such services will be provided via phone, e-mail, in person, or using a combination of each.
- Technical assistance and problem resolution with 3rd party software applications
- Demonstrate and effectively use advanced troubleshooting techniques to solve problems
- Set up new computer systems and peripherals, and perform advanced maintenance as required.
- Maintain a high degree of familiarity and competency in the areas of malware detection and prevention.
- Train and support computer users on the appropriate use of devices and common software products.
- Maintain computer equipment and software to ensure secure and efficient operations.
- Repair computer hardware, office equipment, and associated devices as and where required.
- Evaluate, test, and implement new software programs for the company when applicable.
- Read and understand technical manuals.
- Managing Desk/IP-Based phone systems, and mobile phone operations, with a technical understanding of both.
- Ensure that all provided services are delivered to the complete satisfaction of the receiver.
- Travel to all locations to perform necessary tasks in support of the organizations needs.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a banking background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school, or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Desktop, notebook, laptop, tablet and mobile device hardware and operating systems.
- All productivity tools and applications within the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Working knowledge of/familiarity with the various operational software products used within the organization.
- High degree of proficiency with the troubleshooting and repair techniques necessary to fully support all user endpoint devices, including desktop PC’s, notebook computers, peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, network devices, monitors, external storage devices, telephones, and other such equipment as may be introduced into the company’s operational environment.
- Proficiency with Windows Server configuration, management, and maintenance
- Understanding of virtualization technologies
- Proficiency with network switch and router configuration and maintenance.
- Understanding of VPN routing techniques
- Complete understanding of WiFi technologies.
- High degree of understanding with data security methodologies, philosophies, and techniques
- Must be helpful and possess a high degree of self-confidence.
- Must be motivated to seek solutions based upon the needs of customers and Bank staff.
- Must be outwardly friendly, engaging, articulate, organized, and self-motivated.
- Should be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Current STATE driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive while performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
AddressKansas City, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?