This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support the Organization’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
The following are essential job functions and accountabilities
1. Demonstrates an understanding of the District’s guest relations’ policies and programs by initiating and maintaining positive relations with patients, patient families, visitor, medical staff members and other employees of Oak Valley Hospital District (OVHD), regardless of age, cultural or ethnic backgrounds.
2. Understands and adheres to hospital requirements for the assessment and provision of care which considers the personal, cultural, spiritual and/or ethnic beliefs of patients.
3. Assures that the rights of all patients are respected and maintained by allowing for privacy, confidentiality, and dignity in the provision of service.
4. Demonstrates the ability to follow the Standards of Behavior as outlined in our Patient Satisfaction Collaborative.
5. Maintains current professional licenses and/or certifications as and when required by state, regulatory agency, or hospital mandate.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of, and adheres to, all applicable professional regulatory practice acts, state/federal regulations and policies and procedures of OVHD, including JCAHO, Title XXII and requirements of other regulatory agencies, as applicable.
7. Identifies patients at risk for abuse and/or neglect, as well as associated signs and symptoms. Adheres to mandatory reporting requirements for healthcare professionals per Administrative Policy & Procedure.
8. Practices Universal Precautions while providing care and performing other hospital services.
9. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to safely and appropriately fulfill job specific responsibilities related to safety, security, emergency preparedness, control of hazardous materials/waste, life safety, medical equipment and utility systems as outlined in the hospitals environment of care plan. Observes safety precautions to ensure a safe environment for patients, patient families and guests of all ages. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG).
10. Actively supports the organizations mission, vision, values and goals. Participates in activities within the organization that support performance improvement.
11. Adheres to Catholic Healthcare West’s Corporate Compliance Program as adopted by OVHD.
12. Meets current hospital standards as defined by the Oak Valley Hospital District Employee Handbook and the hospital’s Administrative Policy and Procedure Manual.
13. Meets the age specific clinical, interpersonal and interactive responsibilities, as outlined in the Human Resources Policy and Procedure “Age-Specific Interpersonal and Interactive Relationships”.
14. Meets the clinical competency requirements as outlined in the Department Specific Skills Checklist.
15. Meets State of California standards by completing an annual TB test during the established time frame, in accordance with OVHD established TB testing schedule.
16. Reviews the job description with the designated supervisor during the annual performance appraisal and recommends changes, as necessary.
The following are general job accountabilities
- The candidate must possess a desire to work toward continuing our improvement in staff / patient / customer outcomes and building a collaborative, quality focused healthcare team.
- The Quality Assurance RN must have the ability to work collaboratively with others, problem solve and assist others to do the same.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Will demonstrate self-motivation, time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi- task unrelated activities and work independently.
- Responsible for reviewing and perform on-going monitoring of clinical documentation.
- Will collaborate in the development of clinical pathway development / guidelines.
- Will assess for opportunities to improve the state of accreditation and regulatory readiness and assist in leading improvement activities.
- Participates as a team member or facilitator on interdisciplinary performance improvement teams as needed.
- Listens well and maintains a positive attitude.
- Promotes teamwork, maintaining effective working relationships with employees, physicians, hospital administration, and members of other District departments.
- Takes appropriate steps to protect patient confidentiality, following HIPAA guidelines.
- Conducts all business activities with both honesty and integrity.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
The following are unit-specific accountabilities
Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required, BSN and/or CPHQ is preferred
A minimum of three (3) years’ recent clinical experience.
Current BLS certification, Active California license
Lifts, positions, pushes up to 50 pounds
Considerable sitting, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Touch, auditory and visual perception and acuity
Adequate vocal pitch and volume of voice
Manual dexterity and mobility
Ability to move quickly
Ability to adjust vision sufficiently to perform duties
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Subject to irregular hours
Increased stress due to multiple calls and inquiries