- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
The purpose of an Oak Street Health Medical Scribe is to be the personal data assistant to the primary care provider. This means handling clinical data responsibilities for providers during patient visits in our centers. Medical Scribes are trained to be experts in structured clinical assessments, accurate and specific documentation, population health workflows, and team-based healthcare. A major goal will be to also facilitate efficient and effective medical care for our patients. Oak Street Health is hiring Medical Scribes at over 100 centers in 20 states. Apply today!
- Observing and recording patient encounters/examinations
- Documenting patient information, history, and diagnoses
- Assisting in medical management
- Documenting medical decision making
- Consultation with the care team and other providers on patient needs
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
- Applicants committed to ongoing learning that are interested in full-time short-term (1 year) or longer-term opportunities. We are especially interested in recent graduate/gap year/deferred acceptance premedical students looking to gain practical, paid experience in a patient care setting prior to applying to medical, dental, nursing, or physician assistant school.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Ability to type 70+ words per minute.
- Basic level of medical knowledge and/or a willingness to learn quickly.
- Ability and willingness to take direction and be a member of a team providing patient care.
- Excellent job attendance. (Our providers count on you.)
- Ability to work approximately 40-45 hours per week (full-time position) with predictable hours and protected break times.
- Compliance with hospital and Oak Street Health policies, including HIPAA.
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”.
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being relentlessly determined
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive, and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision, and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- Supportive and fun culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to learn more here: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion | Oak Street Health
Oak Street HealthJennings, MO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.